Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview was on the spot, extremely casual and surprisingly simple. The manager walked around the store with me while asking me questions. It probably helps to wear an outfit that looks like it came from Express to boost your chances of getting the job. Usually you go through a group interview before going on a 1:1 interview. However, I was referred by an employee so I skipped the group interview. The questions ranged from why I chose Express to describe Express in 3 words. I managed to pass never having walked into the store until that day. My advice is to just smile, give a firm handshake and be outgoing and sociable.

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Kingston, MA).

Interview

Well. When I went in for the interview. First thing the manager said to me was I need to wear express clothing. Questioned me on places that I shop. And I believed they were short handed, because I got offered the job on the spot.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It was a 1 on 1 interview only took 5 minutes and they call a reference pretty sure I got the job. We went outside the store and sat on a couple chairs and just talked. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

They interview you in the middle of the store and it's super unprofessional. They call your two references. They barely interview and accept everyone then give you barely any hours if you aren't picking up on the techniques quickly enough. Very basic questions to understand your background and why you're working there.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Myself and two other candidates were asked a series of questions (some situational) and took turns answering. The hardest part is making yourself standout without looking like you're overcompensating by bulldozing the others. Try to answer first every other question, maintain contact and use others' answers to build up your own; this shows you're good at listening and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself Q: When was a time you either received or was given good/bad customer service? Q: what qualifies you for this position? Q: Strengths/Weaknesses and how have you worked on them? Q: If a customer comes in looking for a pair of shoes, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Walked in about 20 minutes early along with another candidate. We were interviewed together by one of the managers. A very relaxed and low stress interview. At the end of the interview we were told to expect a phone call from the store manager and that he would make the final decision.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

the process is very drawn out with very little communication for follow up steps. Waiting for other leadership representatives within the district to also follow up. Being told that you as a candidate have not been forgotten.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview was for a new store that's about to open so it was pretty basic questions. You applied online first, took and online assessment test then someone called you to set up an interview time if they were interested.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was quick. The hiring manager was unorganized. You NEED references and it is a two interview process. The manager sometimes asked the interviewee to get their references to contact the hiring manager. That was a ridiculous request on their part. A lot of work for bad pay, poor management, and a not-so-luxurious brand.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied and was called in within a week. Interview for me turned out to take an hour , but that's because the manager was really nice so it turned out to be a good conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations just make min wage.