Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Express in June 2011.

Completed an app online and was called a week and a half later for an interview. It was with 4 others and lasted about an hour. We were told that the following week we would be contacted, if selected to continue on in the hiring process. I, unfortunately, didn't get a call back, their loss.

Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Express in September 2009.

If they like your resume, you can skip intro interview. Once you meet your "manager-to-be" you will need to meet other people to get approval.

Interview Questions
    • What you don't like about our products?   View Answer

On final offer, they changed from1st offer reduce pay and reduce title level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Express in October 2009.

I was asked basic situational questions as a part of a group, and then we went around the group answering the questions. Some of the questions were a bit awkward and subjective. They asked what I might do if a customer needed an outfit for ____. They also wanted to know about my initiative, i.e. what would I do if I had lots of customers but I thought another employee was spending too much time recovering the store instead of helping customers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to another employee that you didn't think was working hard enough?   Answer Question

Senior Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Express in January 2011.

i have recently getting frequent messages on my linkedin account in regards to new openings.
    1step is the phone interview process that could take up to 2 hours. Pls the HR what do you have prepare for this interview.
    then the 101 interview is 1st going to be with the person you are reporting to and few after. be ready to walk through your resume, tell them about things you have done that you proud of. talk about the company you are interviewing for and get as much in as you can from your "future" boss

Interview Questions
    • The like to know SWOT analysis , it all comes down to how you'll be able to join the team and start driving the business   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in March 2012.

met with three managers, asked general and behavioral quesitons. didnt get a call back for the final round

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Express in February 2013.

Submitted an application around November/December. I guess they were finally hiring and called me in February. It was a group interview with about 10 people. After they asked 5 questions, they said that were going to call names and keep some of us. They kept three of us and hired the 3 of us. All of the questions were about selling and retail, if you have not worked in retail they might be a little intimidating. The most interesting question I think they asked was " Describe a time when you had a good shopping experience. " The entire interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where you have been rejected and what you did after you were rejected. (selling something)   Answer Question
    • Please describe a situation where you have had a dissatisfied customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Why Express?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between servicing a customer and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you have had to sell something to a customer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, after the manager welcomed us to the team she basically stated that the job is minimum wage, but there are opportunities for raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express in July 2012.

I had never shopped at Express before, as their stuff was a bit too pricy for a broke high-school student. However they did seem fancy, and their associates tended to be attractive. It seemed like a pretty cool place to work, and that's how they hooked me in during the interview. It was group interview, which took place at the mall's food court after a moderate amount of interviewees showed up. Most of the questions really reinforced the idea that you would need to be trendy and super upbeat to retain your employment. The biggest thing was the interviewer who was able to keep up her work attitude, even though we weren't in the presence of customers. In a nutshell, I was impressed.

Interview Questions
    • The question was something like, "What was the most impressive experience you had with a sales associate." I was lucky enough to have been sweet talked into buying an entire suit before at a different store, when I only walked by. It blew my mind how easily the women manipulated me, and I think that was what sealed the deal for me. However, pretty much everyone else had a super difficult time with this one. I'm assuming it's because it's very difficult for any associate to really blow a customer's mind away.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It's a sales associate position in retail. You get the job and what they regularly pay. Simple as that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in February 2013.

Interview process was a group interview. They asked what you liked about the brand. Also did a verbal test of you trying to sell something that you have on to the management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in January 2011.

Group interview. Asked about how to interact with customers, what to say what not to say. How to create outfits and add on to sales.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express in November 2010.

Was told not to contact them AT ALL unless I was contacted first. Set up a group interview with two other candidates. Thought I did not get the job due to the interview format, but was pleasantly surprised to get a call back. Set up a time to complete paperwork and pick a start date. Overall, it was a pretty simple process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset about a price change?   Answer Question

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!