Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for Express online and it took about a week or so for someone to contact me. I was invited to a group interview at the Times Square location. The HR manager was pleasant and upbeat. He made me feel comfortable and and actively listened to the answers oft he questions. He asked about 5 questions and gave each person the opportunity to answer. The interview went smoothly and ran more like a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in person at the Express on an iPad, got called in a few days later, called again about two weeks after and started working another week or so after.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the different between customer sales and customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview was for a new store that's about to open so it was pretty basic questions. You applied online first, took and online assessment test then someone called you to set up an interview time if they were interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I have worked at 2 Express stores. The NYC store (34th and 5th) was a quick process. I walked in, they said I had the right look for the job and asked me why I loved fashion and Express. I was hired on the spot. In Wayne, NJ, they brought me in for a group interview. No one likes those.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that the customer is always right.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was quick. The hiring manager was unorganized. You NEED references and it is a two interview process. The manager sometimes asked the interviewee to get their references to contact the hiring manager. That was a ridiculous request on their part. A lot of work for bad pay, poor management, and a not-so-luxurious brand.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express (Staten Island, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, with 2 or 3 other people. The interviews was in the back of the store by the cash register. The manager went around in a circle asking each of us different questions. Interview was very easy and the manager had you fill out a little bit of paperwork at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you used good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express (Yonkers, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then I was asked to come in and have a group interview at one of the Express stores. The position was for a new store in a new mall that was not open yet, so the interview was in a fitting room of a store that was currently running. It felt very awkward and it was hard to hear the questions asked when all you can hear is loud music playing in the store.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Interview

sat down and was asked a few questions on background and career plans. Interviewer gave a history of the company. Was told direction of the company. Was asked if I was mobile. Was told about some of the basic requirements.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was focused on customer service skills and little on fashion. They were focused on finding the right leader for the role, and not just someone invested in fashion. The interview was formal for a retail role, but I respected the reasoning behind it... they wanted to ensure the candidate was mature for the role, as they usually hire late high school or early college aged employees.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to work clothing retail, given your background in Computer Science?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took 3 weeks for them to call me back. The manager was really nice. They told I couldn't get the job because I was 16. But she gave me a list of jobs that do hire at 16.The questions were really easy to answer

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you recieved good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for express   1 Answer