Express

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Applied online, received a call for a group interview about a week later. I was with 2 others and asked basic questions such as previous work experience. Was told I would hear back in the next couple days but never got a call

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your previous job when you had to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2012.

I filled out an application and turned it in at my local store. I was contacted within a week or two and asked to do an interview in person. The interview was pretty relaxed - the manager and I went to the food court and asked a few questions and then I had to pick out an outfit for someone who would be going out to a party.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer who looked like they were stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

The interview was pretty low-key. The manager asked about my retail background and interests, as well as work-life balance and expectations for the job. He asked how I would handle different customer scenarios and what my objectives would be with each customer. I was interviewed with another potential employee, and we were both hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would report a fellow employee's dishonest actions- of course I would.   Answer Question
    I doubt that there's any potential for negotiation at Express.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question
    it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in November 2014.

I applied online, completed an assessment, and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an interview with the co manager and with one other candidate (group interview). The questions were very general, Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store. She opened the floor for questions and asked for a reference. I had a reference page printed out for her and it was very helpful that I did when my first reference didnt answer she had two others to contact. She told us we have the opportunity to become permanent if we perform well and described the culture there. She informed us that she would be in contact with our references the next day and we would hear from her by the next two days. About 30 minutes after I left I received a call offering the position and scheduling orientation. I also wore the brand to the interview and she instantly recognized it as well as other associates in the store so I would wear it if you can. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express in June 2013.

I was first interviewed by a co-manager/underling I would call it, and that interview took place in a group setting and went over the basic, air-breathing components of being a functional member of society. Then, I got called for a second interview with the store manager in which I was asked common sense/trivial work questions and then had my responses blatantly ignored by the altogether attention-deficit manager until the she decided to end it by telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, you basically take the min wage and then hold out in a sales associate position until you can no longer stand to cater to airhead customers.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2012.

Very easy. I've worked at two different locations. Closer to holiday they do group interviews but at other times it's one on one. The hiring manager is always kind and caring. They look for fun fresh faces that WANT to work. If you have self confidence then you are a shoe in.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Told me after the interview they would call in a week. Luckily for me my references were at the phone at the time they called because they called 5 days after and offer me the job. The following week was orientation which consisted of going over paper work, how to check the schedule online, how to do direct deposit, and what was appropriate to wear to work. After the meeting, which is an hour long, you then learn how to close down a section of the store. The good thing about that is you get to meet your new coworkers and learn the folds, styles, where product is, and get that awesome first day experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Express in November 2014.

I completely stressed myself out beforehand for NO REASON. The manager that interviewed me was so nice and basically just went over the company's facts and goals, how busy the store is, etc.. And then just asked me basic questions about myself! I was offered the job and just have to wait for them to go over my references :)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.