Express

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

So at first i applied online and the next day i came into the store just to make my face seen and to have them remember me by something! they actually told me to come in that same day for an interview and they called me back 2 days later! it was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • i had no history in retail at all so all of the questions were tough for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express.

I had one interview who was looking for the "look" of express, now I guess I must be good looking enough to work there cus they want you to look good in their clothes.

Interview Questions
    • I started out not knowing anything, so they ask questions like how you work under stress and pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I saw that the Express in my local mall was hiring for the season on snagajob. I applied on their site, and was contacted about 4 days after the submission to schedule a group interview. It was initially a little less than a week after the phone-call, but I had to end up rescheduling because one of the hiring managers got sick. When I did get there the day of the interview, I met one of the mangers, and then the other who I had spoken to on the phone. I was told that he was going to get the other interviewee, and then we would start. It was just two of us (a bit of a relief actually), and we were headed into a room with both of our applications on the table. As we sat down, the hiring manager asked us the basic questions (How are you guys doing today?), and jumped right into the questions. They were nothing major. After that, he asked each of us about availability and references (they actually do check them.) After that, he asked if we had any questions for him and I asked one about any difference in responsibilities between seasonal associate and part time associate. He answered that there wasn't, and proceeded to tell us additional information about how it's like before the storm (Black friday and Xmas.) He explained that there wouldn't be much hours before then, and that there wouldn't be an opportunity to cross-train since there wouldn't be enough time. He also explained to us that Express is a company that does cater to customers, but the main goal is to sell as much as possible! We would have to familiarize ourself with the different cuts of pants, and other stuff like that. He did talk about the process that follows after a job interview. Overall, he was nice and straightforward about how this isn't a job you should expect to make tons of money off of. He did tell us the starting wage (minimum wage, of course) and basically informed us on any information that was worth knowing. Interview took less than 30 minutes, and we were told he'd contact us before the week was over.

Interview Questions
    • Just your basic run of the mill questions (Do you have retail experience? Why do you want to work at Express? etc.)   View Answer

I had another job offer and felt I'd be more comfortable in that job environment.

Store Manager Interview

I was contacted by the Store Manager for the initial interview, then my second interview was with the District Manager within the same week. I received a call with a job offer the following week.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate With Fashion Expert Duties and Responsibilities Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

Fill out in store applications. Same day I did an in store trial run on the spot. I was placed in the fitting rooms to help customers. I customers in the fitting rooms, hung up a few garments on the fitting rack. I also attempted to put a few articles of clothing back in there respective places .lol. The store manager was watching me and taking note of my interaction with the customers. However I was unaware that she was a manager. I'm glad that i did not know because I probably would have been a nervous wreck:)

Interview Questions

I was offered an amount I made another offer than we meant in the middle. According to her she budged a little because I college educated although it was in unrelated field, she still took it into consideration. Normally people start off at minimum wadge according to her.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview. She asked us a few simple questions in a group interview and said thank you at the end and that if we got a call back she was going to check for references etc. Overall I liked the ambience, it was a pleasant interview