Express

2.2

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview. She asked us a few simple questions in a group interview and said thank you at the end and that if we got a call back she was going to check for references etc. Overall I liked the ambience, it was a pleasant interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

interviewed at Express in September 2014.

I came in and it was a pretty basic interview. It started off with getting to know me and that stuff. They asked me about their companies' goals and stuff like that. In the end, dont negotiate your salary if you do not have any prior experience working as a sales associate anywhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Went in today for an interview, arrived 30 minutes early. The interview took only about 10 mins, I was asked about previous work experience in retail. 10 mins later got a call to come to orientation from 5pm-9pm this coming Friday! Overall they are looking for friendly people who can work at a fast pace. I actually buy a lot from express so the hiring manager noticed my clothing, guess that helped out a little too. I went dressed in executive/formal clothing.

Interview Questions
    If you have no retail experience don't negotiate your salary. Everyone starts at $8:25, at least here in NJ.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later for Interview. I did my research and figured it would be a piece of cake. However none of the questions I was expecting were asked. The manager spent most of the time talking about the company, then proceeded to ask us one company we would not recommend to others and then one that we would. Then she asked about the last job we had and said she'll call if she was interested.

Express Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Process took three days. I applied early morning, got a call in the afternoon and got a call to set up and interview for the next day. I met with the manager wearing a a simple black shirt with black pants with a chunky necklace. The manager opening interview question was, "Why Express?" followed by, What do you think customer service consists of? What was the best customer service that you have experienced? What will you bring to the table? What is different about you? What are you going to school for?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, everything was pretty straight to the point.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. Everyone starts out at the minimum wage unless they have at least a year of retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

The overall interview process went well. They asked why id wanna work there, what do i have to offer to the company and where i see myself in 5 years.

Sales Associate Interview

Saw an ad in the store stating that they were hiring, and I was advised to complete an application online. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day to schedule my interview and give names of two references. The interview itself lasted about 15-20 minutes and consisted of basic interview and "what would you do if..." questions, nothing too difficult. After she called my references, the lady I interviewed with called me back with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing clothes from the stock room?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online then a week later got a call from store manager and we set up an interview. When I arrived I realized it was a group interview. The interview process was very easy and the store manager was extremely nice! I got a call back exactly one week after the interview asking if I was still interested and I said yes! My first day is Sunday afternoon!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's my first job so I knew I was going to make minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express.

Asked about my education and desire working for the company. Discussed future goals, eye for fashion, and trends. Discussed my availability and what kind of position I was seeking.

No negotiation, but possibly of promotion to Fashion Expert.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Express.

I applied online and received a call back after a few days for a group interview. The group interview went smoothly, was about 7-9 people and we took turns answering questions. Questions included:
    Why do you want to work here?
    How would you be described in a high school reunion in three words?
    What's the difference between selling a product and customer service?
    It took about 20 minutes total for the interview. I received a call asking for a reference, and a week later was offered the position.
    Overall was a friendly yet to the point interview :)
    Very excited to be working for Express!

Interview Questions
    • Is the customer always right?
      I liked this question because we got some varied answers in our group. I wouldn't consider it a difficult question, but just to provide something here.
        Answer Question