Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

took a few weeks. 2 interviews. Took a week after second interview to get a call back. Very easy questions, nothing difficult. Actually got a call within a few days of having applied online.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I applied online one day and was called the very next day. An interview was set up a week later. It was a group interview with 3 managers and 4 other girls. We were escorted directly outside of the store for the interview, literally standing in front of the store. When a question was asked, everyone would just speak up and give their answer. The interview took 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you like to do for fun   1 Answer
    • Why would you be an asset to express   Answer Question
    • What do you expect when you come into an express store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

This was a group interview. The manager took us to the back room where she asked as questions. This only took twenty minutes. She was interested and focused on what everyone had to say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two days later in which they offered me an interview. I had a one on one interview with the store manager. I spoke with her for about 20 minutes. It was fairly relaxed. She got back to me the next week and offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Express?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online, got called in a week later for interview, interview was late and lasted 15 minutes, got a call a week later saying I got the job. management could've been more organized, but oh well I got the job. I feel like I could do a much better job interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I have worked at 2 Express stores. The NYC store (34th and 5th) was a quick process. I walked in, they said I had the right look for the job and asked me why I loved fashion and Express. I was hired on the spot. In Wayne, NJ, they brought me in for a group interview. No one likes those.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that the customer is always right.   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the District Manager who was dressed in jeans and a cool top. If you interview, you don't have to go all out in a suit. Interview was set up very casually to encourage more conversation than too many traditional interview questions, however you should be able to talk freely about what you do to create sales, merchandising, training, driving teamwork, and communication- no b.s. If you are not a hands on manager, this job would not be for you.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer is looking for personality, management style and strong worth ethic.   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application and received a phone call after a week. I scheduled an interview for the next day and they asked me to come at 10am. When I got to the store at 10am they were still closed. I waited outside until they opened and when I introduced myself I was told to walk around and get a feel for the store until they were ready. When they were finally ready for me I was walked over to a corner of the store where I was asked a few questions, however the manager was too busy staring into the distance and barely listened to what I said. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and then I was tole that they'd call my references and update me in a few days. Finger crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. who is your fashion icon? Is the customer always right? Give an example of a time when you dealt with an angry customer. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and 2 days later I received a call to set up an interview. My interview was one on one, and took about 15 minutes. The manager was really nice, and did not make the interview difficult at all. The had more interviews so they said they would call me if they choose me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express (Roseville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other girls. There were supposed to be four but one never showed up. The interview was pretty easy, they asked basic questions and nothing they said caught me off guard. Because it was a group setting I made sure I answered some of the questions first and had different answers or added onto an answer that one of the other girls said when it came my turn. The manager who interviewed me did ask me to put together two outfits for her that were Vegas themed, one dressy and one casual. I did so and gave reasons behind everything that I had picked out and why they were appropriate. Overall was pretty comfortable even though I had never worked in retail. I suggest you wear something trendy, and you get bonus points if you wear something really similar to what they sell, or even some of their items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work at Express.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question