Express

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate With Fashion Expert Duties and Responsibilities Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

Fill out in store applications. Same day I did an in store trial run on the spot. I was placed in the fitting rooms to help customers. I customers in the fitting rooms, hung up a few garments on the fitting rack. I also attempted to put a few articles of clothing back in there respective places .lol. The store manager was watching me and taking note of my interaction with the customers. However I was unaware that she was a manager. I'm glad that i did not know because I probably would have been a nervous wreck:)

Interview Questions

I was offered an amount I made another offer than we meant in the middle. According to her she budged a little because I college educated although it was in unrelated field, she still took it into consideration. Normally people start off at minimum wadge according to her.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview. She asked us a few simple questions in a group interview and said thank you at the end and that if we got a call back she was going to check for references etc. Overall I liked the ambience, it was a pleasant interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

interviewed at Express in September 2014.

I came in and it was a pretty basic interview. It started off with getting to know me and that stuff. They asked me about their companies' goals and stuff like that. In the end, dont negotiate your salary if you do not have any prior experience working as a sales associate anywhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Went in today for an interview, arrived 30 minutes early. The interview took only about 10 mins, I was asked about previous work experience in retail. 10 mins later got a call to come to orientation from 5pm-9pm this coming Friday! Overall they are looking for friendly people who can work at a fast pace. I actually buy a lot from express so the hiring manager noticed my clothing, guess that helped out a little too. I went dressed in executive/formal clothing.

Interview Questions
    If you have no retail experience don't negotiate your salary. Everyone starts at $8:25, at least here in NJ.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later for Interview. I did my research and figured it would be a piece of cake. However none of the questions I was expecting were asked. The manager spent most of the time talking about the company, then proceeded to ask us one company we would not recommend to others and then one that we would. Then she asked about the last job we had and said she'll call if she was interested.

Express Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Process took three days. I applied early morning, got a call in the afternoon and got a call to set up and interview for the next day. I met with the manager wearing a a simple black shirt with black pants with a chunky necklace. The manager opening interview question was, "Why Express?" followed by, What do you think customer service consists of? What was the best customer service that you have experienced? What will you bring to the table? What is different about you? What are you going to school for?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, everything was pretty straight to the point.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. Everyone starts out at the minimum wage unless they have at least a year of retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

The overall interview process went well. They asked why id wanna work there, what do i have to offer to the company and where i see myself in 5 years.

Sales Associate Interview

Saw an ad in the store stating that they were hiring, and I was advised to complete an application online. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day to schedule my interview and give names of two references. The interview itself lasted about 15-20 minutes and consisted of basic interview and "what would you do if..." questions, nothing too difficult. After she called my references, the lady I interviewed with called me back with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing clothes from the stock room?   Answer Question