Express

Average Difficulty
245 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and then visited the store to check up on the status of my application. They called me to set up an interview, and I attended a group interview. After passing the first round, I met with the store manager and had an additional set of questions.

Interview Question – In the first interview, they asked us to describe our clothing style.   View Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple... I interviewed with SM first, all basic questions. It helps to be knowledgable of your particular market and numbers from past retail jobs. Interview with DM was the same, it was actually repetitive, a lot of the same questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating needed... The company compensates their employees. I actually got more than I asked for, based on my experience.

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

Part Time Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Started off as a sales associate, promoted to part time sales lead, interviewed with local manager and supervisor

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiatiion

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brand Co-Manager Interview

Brand Co-Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – While my first interview was for an associate position, contact was very timely after I had applied and it was easy to set up an interview. The managers at the time were very friendly and genuinely interested with finding if I would be a good fit for the position to build an effective team. After I had been in my position for a year or so, a position for management became available and my manager helped to get in contact with the other store and set-up an interview for me. Over time I moved up through the ranks and am now a Brand Co-Manager with the company. All my interviewing managers (both Store and District) have been very friendly and easy to interview with. Definitely a great experience!

Interview Question – What will you "bring to the table" to help benefit the business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very generous! I took my first offer, as it was more than I had expected. They offer what they feel is a good starting wage, and there are yearly opportunities to receive merit increases, as well as quarter bonuses.

Temp Interview

Temp

I applied online - interviewed at Express in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview for a temp to hire job

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Braintree, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express in April 2013.

Interview Details – I originally applied for a sales associate position. During the interview with the assistant manager, she expressed I would be better suited for a sales lead position and told me she would set up an interview with the manager. A week later, I interviewed with the manager and it went extremely well from what I thought. The questions pertained to my skills on selling and dealing with irate customers. She told me she would do a background check and get back to me. A week went by and I wasn't contacted so I called the manager. She then explained I was definitely a candidate but there was someone else that worked in the store already and was applying for the sales lead position as well. She was going to interview her and then get back to me. The already employed woman got the job.

Interview Question – How can you influence an employee who isn't motivated to sell products or excel at their job?   Answer Question

Hourly Associate Interview

Hourly Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express in May 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was a group interview and we all took turns to answer the interview questions. The hiring manager made it very comfortable. We had snacks and all. Just come dressed to impress and with a sparkling attitude and you should be fine.

Interview Question – How did you handle a conflict at work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Group interview with fairly easy typical questions.

Interview Question – There truly wasn't any.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a better offer at another place.

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Express in November 2011.

Interview Details – Worst interview process EVER. They take you into the food court - which is crazy loud - with like six other people. You can't hear anything and you can't have a real conversation because it's basically like being in a small college class where you have to raise your hand to speak.

Interview Question – Describe your style - this was pretty awkward for everyone.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty quick process, called about a week after filling out online application, after that the interview was basically your generic what do you like/dislike about retail, give me an example of a great/negative time shopping etc etc, introduced you to store manager, explained more about the company, what they expected of you

Interview Question – every question was pretty easy to answer no brain twisters, its retail not rocket science   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Express