Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for a interview with express and had to wait a while for another person that didn't show. The hiring manager came out and we sat on a bench by the store. It felt more like a conversation than a interview. I think I did well :)

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between sales and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in the company in five years?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think you bring to Express?   Answer Question
    • What was the pros and cons of your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. No benefits but I was looking for something part time for school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was conducted as a group interview. I was interviewed along with 4 other individuals. The manager would ask a question and leave it up to whoever answers first to answer and then allowed the remaining individuals to provide their input.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario or behavioral questions. For example, "Tell me about a time you had an unhappy customer and how did you manage the situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Outside the store in the mall. Very laid back one on one. I applied online and relieved a call in about 2-3 weeks. Manager called and asked me to come in the same day for interview. I came and we sat outside in the mall and spoke for ten minutes. A week later he called and offered me position. When I came to do orientation..he said he needed to call one of my references first before he could officially hire me. That annoyed me.

Interview Questions

• How are you beneficial to our company?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I applied for Express online and I got a call back within a week. I went to the interview and it wasn't anything like I was expecting. I had to look for the manager who made me wait. Usually when I got to interviews I am interviewed in the stock room or the back of the store. But the hiring manager interviewed me on the sales floor ! she was also talking to customers while interviewing me. it made me uncomfortable. I didnt even have to take off my coat. she also greeted me with a limp handshake. Overall, the experience was bad and unprofessional. it was a waste of time considering the interview probably only lasted about 2-3 minutes. 4 minutes max because she was talking to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• -Name a time you sold something to someone.   Answer Question
    • - why do you want to work for Express?   1 Answer
    • - how would you handle rejection from a customer?   Answer Question
    • - what was one thing you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • - what is the difference between selling something and customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express (Garden City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I did not receive a call for days, so I called the store for follow up, eventually I was able to speak to manager who told me I did not have enough energy. What?. The interview was one of the best retail interview I have had in a while.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I got a call for a face to face interview. It was pretty easy just a few behavioral questions and past sales experiences. The manager asked me about 6 questions and was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• To mention a situation where i was asked to do something outside of my job description.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

I applied online. Online you filled out all of your previous work/education experience and answered some scenario questions. Got a call for an interview then had a group interview. They call your references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She said she would call me on friday and I had to call the store to check in days later and she said I was chosen and it was min wage and if I would like to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in mid-december & was called back for an interview mid-january. it was a group interview with three other females. I was interviewed by one of the floor managers, she was really sweet but professional. asked basic questions. after the interview, I was called back after a week & a half with an offer.

Interview Questions

• name a time when someone has gone out of their way to help you   Answer Question

Negotiation

it would be dumb to decline unless you got another job in the process but you applied for a reason. they start you up probably at minimum of you haven't worked for a wage higher than that..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and relaxed. I didn't feel like there was a lot of pressure. There was simple questions, and I was offered a position at the end of my interview. They just had to call a reference before they could officially offer a position. No drug test. I'm not sure if they did a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, talked about my personal style, how would you sell to a woman/man, how would you tell a customer they need a different size, would I be an asset to the team and how...   Answer Question