Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Stockton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very fun, the store manager called 7 people and 6 showed up. I applied a week and got a call the following morning very quick to reply back. The interview was set up for a Tuesday in the afternoon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two days later in which they offered me an interview. I had a one on one interview with the store manager. I spoke with her for about 20 minutes. It was fairly relaxed. She got back to me the next week and offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Express?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online, got called in a week later for interview, interview was late and lasted 15 minutes, got a call a week later saying I got the job. management could've been more organized, but oh well I got the job. I feel like I could do a much better job interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

This was a group interview. The manager took us to the back room where she asked as questions. This only took twenty minutes. She was interested and focused on what everyone had to say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I have worked at 2 Express stores. The NYC store (34th and 5th) was a quick process. I walked in, they said I had the right look for the job and asked me why I loved fashion and Express. I was hired on the spot. In Wayne, NJ, they brought me in for a group interview. No one likes those.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that the customer is always right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and 2 days later I received a call to set up an interview. My interview was one on one, and took about 15 minutes. The manager was really nice, and did not make the interview difficult at all. The had more interviews so they said they would call me if they choose me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Roseville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other girls. There were supposed to be four but one never showed up. The interview was pretty easy, they asked basic questions and nothing they said caught me off guard. Because it was a group setting I made sure I answered some of the questions first and had different answers or added onto an answer that one of the other girls said when it came my turn. The manager who interviewed me did ask me to put together two outfits for her that were Vegas themed, one dressy and one casual. I did so and gave reasons behind everything that I had picked out and why they were appropriate. Overall was pretty comfortable even though I had never worked in retail. I suggest you wear something trendy, and you get bonus points if you wear something really similar to what they sell, or even some of their items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work at Express.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great and the store manager was super nice! It was one on one and we went through the whole interview with no problems. She told me that the company looks for potential employees who are bubbly, responsible, and a good fit for the company. Express does not hire under 18, so she told me I couldn't get the job because she didn't realize I was under age.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I had a small group interview. Very laid back and they ask basic interview questions. They also make you create an outfit and present it to the group. The process took a while (about two weeks) because they couldn't get ahold of one of my references, and yes they do check them. Overall it was a good experience, I got the job, although it was seasonal, but they kept me as a permanent associate after the season.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at express? What would you do if you were working on a task and a customer needed you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was called the next week on Wednesday to set up an interview for that Friday. Went to the mall where the store is and had the interview right outside the store at a sitting area. Interview was very quick (less than 10 minutes). Manager said she was still pretty new to the interviewing process, so I'm thinking that's why it was as quick as it was. Basically only asked me about past work experience and why I wanted to work at Express out of all the other stores at the mall. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview but she was waiting on a call back from one of my references. They DO call your references so make sure you let them know they're your reference and should be expecting a call. I was called back on Monday and was told to come in for orientation on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was expecting minimum wage so I accepted minimum wage.