Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions

• No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I arrived to the interview early but since the business was busy, I was not interviewed until the scheduled time. The questions were normal and nothing difficult. The managers main concern was making sure I had retain experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain an occasion where you worked with a difficult customer. How did you resolve the situation?
      How long have you worked in retial?
      Why would you like to work at Express?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions

• If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied and got a call about two weeks later, I had a group interview with 4 other girls. It was a very relaxed interview, there were no really difficult questions. I made sure that I dressed in more formal clothing. Overall, an easy interview. My only advice would be to just relax and be yourself, don't be afraid to talk and I would also ask questions towards the end so that it shows your interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I completely stressed myself out beforehand for NO REASON. The manager that interviewed me was so nice and basically just went over the company's facts and goals, how busy the store is, etc.. And then just asked me basic questions about myself! I was offered the job and just have to wait for them to go over my references :)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, completed an assessment, and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an interview with the co manager and with one other candidate (group interview). The questions were very general, Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store. She opened the floor for questions and asked for a reference. I had a reference page printed out for her and it was very helpful that I did when my first reference didnt answer she had two others to contact. She told us we have the opportunity to become permanent if we perform well and described the culture there. She informed us that she would be in contact with our references the next day and we would hear from her by the next two days. About 30 minutes after I left I received a call offering the position and scheduling orientation. I also wore the brand to the interview and she instantly recognized it as well as other associates in the store so I would wear it if you can. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Holyoke, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the store managers. It only took about 10 minutes. I was asked a couple questions but they were pretty simple. After the interview the manager did reference check from my former employers and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Have you had an exceptional customer service? How is it like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Toronto, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was super easy the managers that hired me were very nice it took a week it was a group interview that I did with my friend so it went well no preasure typical interview questions. They asked you to go home and do the online survey and once you complete it expect a call within a day or two if your interview went well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      What do you know about the company
      When can you bring to the company
      Basic questions like that

Answer Question

Express Sales Associate/Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with one the managers, originally for a sales associate. He asked if I was interested in retail management. After the first interview he immediately set me up for an interview with the store manager next week. The interview was one on one and not scary. Both the managers were nice and had a sense of humor, it made me want to work there.