Express

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

Sometimes if a manager is available, he or she will interview you right then and there, or sometimes they will call you to schedule and appointment when you can come in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Group Interview, very laid back and relaxed interview. I was with 4 other people and we were all encourage to speak up so I tried to answer each question without seeming like I did not care about the others getting interview,

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more about customer experience and what good customer service should be.   Answer Question
    A bit, Wish I could get a higher pay but was told that I had the ability to promote quickly

Store Manager Interview

There is really not a specified interview guide for anyone on the management team. It was informal for the most part, and I had a very pleasant second interview with the regional director.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

In person one on one interview. After they review you application, they will give you a call to come in and set-up an interview time, or they will ask you on the phone to set up an interview time. When you go to the interview, try to wear express clothing to show that you like representing the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Express instead of any other store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in June 2014.

Note: GLASSDOOR REVIEWS REALLY HELP!

Applied online and heard within a few days for a group interview; very chill and even enjoyable. Definitely one of the best interviews I've had and a great experience!
    They do check your references, but the interview is definitely the most important.

Just be friendly and fashionable, and be genuine in what you are saying. :)

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between selling and serving (customer service)?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell a product or an idea.   Answer Question
    • Why Express?   Answer Question
    • When trying to sell someone on a product or idea and you get rejected, what do you do with that rejection?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question
    Minimum wage; did not negotiate because I have no prior retail experience.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Applications are online and must take the integrity test. If you pass the test, they will most likely call you in order to schedule a group interview or a 1v1 depending on the amount of applicants. Must be dress presentable to ensure that you are serious for the job. Confidence and being a fast learner that can work in faced paced environments is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be known for when you become a sales lead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2014.

Really easy process. Applied online, called me back for an interview within a few days. Routine questions, how would you handle so and so situation, why do you want to work here, what can you offer, what are your weakness and strengths, then called back for orientation (hired) the next day.

Not really negotiable.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2014.

Went to the back stock room and sat in folding chairs. There were other people there who were my age (18-24) and were all very friendly. When asked questions/interviewed, it was almost as if prospective employees were played against each other. The managers interviewing were nice, but seemed very rushed during the process. One tip I have is to show up wearing Express clothing and you have a better shot at the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Express? How do you feel that you could benefit the store as a person? Are you a sociable person?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

I applied online and got a call about a week later,. They scheduled and interview and it turned out to be a group interview. If you are friendly and outgoing then you will most likely get hired as i was. Other girls in my group were quiet. It was extremely casual and the hiring manager was really friendly.

no negotiation

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express.

HR here is a joke. If you can avoid dealing with them after being hired you will be better off. They don't ask any difficult questions because they wouldn't know the answers. Just go along with them and you will get through their nonsense.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Where you worked? What you did? What you liked and disliked.   Answer Question
    Typical. Vacation so-so, Salary so-so, Health Ins so-so.