Express

Average Difficulty
247 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by the manager to come by for an interview less than a week after I applied

Interview Question – There weren't many questions, it was more of a conversation about school, experience (where I had none)   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Lead Interview

Full Time Sales Lead

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – The interview process was standard for most retailers. As I was moving up from an associate to a sales lead they asked questions like how will you manage associates that you have previously worked along side, etc. Also situational scenarios like what would you do if an irate customer is demanding to see a manager but your shipment has just arrived outside what do you do?

Interview Question – How will you help build volume and sales in the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in April 2013.

Interview Details – recruited through Linkedin- initial interaction was with recruiter- then face to face interview with DM

Interview Question – all questions were pretty standard- although I would've like to have spoken a little more. The DM did a little too much talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They job offered- I accepted but wanted to negotiate my salary. I told them what I wanted and within 24 hours they called back and were able to match it.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Express in September 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was a large group interview that consisted of questions like "why would you be a good fit?", "are you familiar with express?" bla bla bla. They also explain that if they like you they may keep you on permanently. Everyone was very sweet and it was very laid back.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email a few days later inviting me to a job fair they were having for a new store opening. The interview was being held a little over a week later at a hotel. You had to schedule yourself for the interview online.

I arrived at the interview and there was a job agency there that was screening applicants for Express. This job agency also helps people find work so whether or not you passed the screening they were giving people additional information about other work opportunities. If you didn't pass the screening you didn't get to go on and be interviewed by the actual hiring managers for Express.

I filled out the necessary paperwork and was screened first by the job agency. The questions were things like "What's your idea of good customer service" and also "How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends". I was interviewed by two people and was interviewed with another girl. The other girl was nervous I suppose and she fumbled on the questions. I was nervous as well but I still did pretty well. The fashion question seemed to be the deciding factor for them. If you didn't answer that question well, it didn't matter if you had years of experience working in retail they wanted someone who had interest in fashion. After the screening they called us up individually to tell us whether they felt like we were good enough to interview with the hiring managers. They told me that I was going to go on to the next phase.

I was led to a room where hiring managers were interviewing people as they trickled in. The interviews were in groups but luckily for me I was still only interviewed with one other guy. The interview was simple the manager asked us the same basic customer service questions. We then gave her our references and she told us that if they felt that we were qualified for the job, and our references checked out, we would hear back in about two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond what was expected of you for a customer?   Answer Question

P/T Sales Leader Interview

P/T Sales Leader

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – Very easy to get position if already working for the company, however, responsibilities and requirements are demanding for the low pay.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in November 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online and upload resume. If called ounce for an interview they well require you to submit a page of references and they well want to bring to the interview. Interview takes under 30 minutes.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they ask is how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer due to our/your mistake and how would you resolve it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews Total - 1) Group interviews. Appearance, presentation, and basic knowledge of company is a must! 2) Brief one-on-one with store manager just to get to know your personality and common sense. Questions mostly about integrity, stealing, or possible challenges that may arise.

Interview Question – What to do if a customer is stealing? What to do if another employee is stealing? Would you report a manager that is stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer depends on age, job experience, and references. Only varies from minimum wage up to $9.5 or so.

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in January 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview. Asked about how to interact with customers, what to say what not to say. How to create outfits and add on to sales.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – easy; they were desperate for employees so it was literally handed to me

Negotiation Details – no negotiation