Express LLC

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Express LLC

Interview Details – One to two interviews, background check, reference check, now an integrity test.

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple... I interviewed with SM first, all basic questions. It helps to be knowledgable of your particular market and numbers from past retail jobs. Interview with DM was the same, it was actually repetitive, a lot of the same questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating needed... The company compensates their employees. I actually got more than I asked for, based on my experience.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in August 2011.

Interview Details – applied online. got a call back a few weeks later. interview with the SM then was called back for interview with DM. both were pretty smooth and simple. asked about previous employment history. how i trained and motivate team. payroll and budgeting.

Negotiation Details – it wasnt so bad. they gave me 2k more a year than what they originally wanted to give me

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express LLC in April 2013.

Interview Details – recruited through Linkedin- initial interaction was with recruiter- then face to face interview with DM

Interview Question – all questions were pretty standard- although I would've like to have spoken a little more. The DM did a little too much talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They job offered- I accepted but wanted to negotiate my salary. I told them what I wanted and within 24 hours they called back and were able to match it.

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express LLC.

Interview Details – Typical questions such as job experience, knowledge when it comes to customer service, and why you want to work for the company

Interview Question – Where do you draw inspiration from when selecting the clothes you where   Answer Question

Co Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Express LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very careful background check with references . Loved the DM and interview was very positive and felt a wonderful bond that this would be an amazing fit .

Interview Question – KPIS and the business acumen must be able to speak to the business and how to impact what .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation my salary was fine.

Co Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC.

Interview Details – Interview with store manager, follow up with the district manager, then final interview with regional manager

Interview Question – How do you motivate and inspire   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a co-manager position despite my store manager experience because I was told I would be bench to take over the store within 6 months to a year. Needless to say, that never happened. The store manager never left, and is still there. Regardless, for the position, I interviewed in person with the Store Manager, and then in person with the District Manager. That was it. When I got promoted to Store Manager, I had no additional interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you developed someone on your team to a higher position, and what it was you recognized in them to make you do so.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the presented salary for Comanager upon offer because I realized it was higher than a usual Comanager salary and I recognized they could not go higher. However, I was told that I would be increased again when I was promoted to Store Manager. However, when I was promoted to store manager, it was in a lower volume location than where I was as a co, and the company used this as an excuse to keep me at my current pay rate. I asked for a counter offer and gave several valid reasons why I felt I deserved even a small raise (I would be making less as a store manager than As a Comanager because I would lose the supplemental pay) and the regional manager refused to give any raise at all.

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express LLC in January 2011.

Interview Details – I am a former manager looking to go back into retail. I had a interview with a store manager and then to the district manager. I really thought everthing went well, I always had good perfomance reviews previously So I was shocked when I didn't get the job. I found out they won't pay near what I used to make I'm sad to see the company pass me up for that reason....

Interview Question – What do you bring to this position now that is different then previous?   Answer Question

Co-Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Really interested in the bottom line, what you can bring to the team. Also lots of questions around how you lead and drive results.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous role, and what is your biggest opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiations are usually not approved, but some applicants have room for counter offers

Interviews for Top Jobs at Express LLC

Worked for Express LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Express LLC Co Manager interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Express LLC employees and interview candidates.