Express LLC

Getting the Interview

116 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Express LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair they handed me the application. Then I went and filled it out when I returned my filled put application I also gave a copy of my resume and was asked general questions then I was pulled aside and asked a few more questions then I was requested to stay for a group interview. In the group interview there were about 9 of us with 2 interviewers. First the interviewers introduced themselves then we went around the table and introduced ourselves. Then the interview questions began and we were chosen at random to answer various questions. Overall it was a fairly easy interview and the interviewers were very nice and genuine.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between servicing a customer and selling to a customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Canton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express LLC in September 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was called for an interview within a week. The interview was one-on-one with the Store Manager. I was called with a job offer that same week.

Interview Question – It was mostly just a conversational interview. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for salary.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in July 2012.

Interview Details – Before going into the interview, do research on the company and study as much a you can. The manager asked questions like: Name a time when you broke the rules to help a customer, Why do you want to work at EXPRESS/Why should we hire you; How would you describe your style/ What inspires your style, Tell us about yourself, What's your job experience...the typical interview questions.

It's not so much what your answer is, but how well you sell yourself/ personality. In the interview, I always made sure to speak clearly and directly, answer all the questions first and smile on occasion.

I applied in late June (online) and was called back approx. two-weeks later for an interview.
The interview was scheduled for the afternoon and only lasted 10-15 minutes. There were two other people in the room along with the manager (group interview).
After the interview, EXPRESS call about a week later offering me the job at minimum wage and asked if I could come in immediately.

When working for the first time, there is no formal training, you're thrown into the pit. It's a learn-as-you go thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is very little to no room to negotiate pay especially when applying for anything less than a managerial position. They offered a solid $7.25.

Interviewed at Express LLC

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and got a call two days later asking if I could come in for a group interview the next day. I arrived early for the interview which started a little late and there was only one other person in the group because the other people didn't show up. The interview was a pretty general retail sales interview.

Interview Question – The questions about three words to describe you always throw me off a little so that was the most difficult question for me, but the interview was pretty easy.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very lengthy hiring process

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous job; what you liked about it and what you didn't like   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Express LLC.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up in-person interview with manager. If selected, will receive phone call with offer, then go through 3-hour onboarding before working first shifts. Management teams tend to dislike cold calls from applicants and applicants calling to follow up on applications.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were rejected and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Express LLC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Turned in my resume and received a call within a week. Group interview that we took turns answering the same question.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a disgruntled customer   Answer Question

College Station, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Questions consisted of fashion trends, and what I would recommend to a client. Specifically asked about upselling

Interview Question – They ask you if you are wearing express during the interview and what the name of the article of clothing is   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Interviewed at Express LLC

Interview Details – the interview was easy. we waited in the front of the store until we were called into a back room and greeted by the manager. there was 5 other girls being interviewed besides me. the thing they seemed to be most interested in was whether or not you have experience

Interview Question – they ask for reference right on the spot so make sure you have some to give.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express LLC in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on Craiglist
Phone calls
1st interview
2nd interview
orientation
cash register training

Interview Question – Tell the one thing that you didn't like from your previous job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation