Express

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in August 2014.

I went in personally to the stores asking if they were hiring and was referred to their website. The very first person I ended up talking to was the Hiring Manager, Dani, she is so extremely sweet and fun to talk to. I went and applied online that same day, Friday, I was called 2 days later to have a group interview on the coming Thursday. The interview process was very simple. Dani brought us to the back room of the store and we all sat around a table. She asked us for our names and why we believed we would make a good asset to the company and what our strengths were. We were also asked, How do you believe selling is different than customer service?; What past experiences have you had in selling?; What experiences have you had that you were in a stressful, multitasking, situation?; Who are you, and why do we want you as an employee?; Where do you see yourself in 10 years?. Thats all I can remember at the moment, but they were very general questions. They also allowed us to ask questions of them. Ask questions like: What do you expect from your employees?; Are there many opportunities to move up in the company? Those are the questions I asked and they were impressed, everyone else was asking questions like, "whats been your favorite part of working here; what have you learned most from this job?" At the end of the interview we were all told that we'll receive a callback within the next few days with our status. We shook hands, and left the interview. It went pretty well. I received a call on Saturday asking for one more reference, because my current references weren't answering their phones. So I got her one more reference, she called them, called me back, and offered me a job, which I happily accepted. I will be attending orientation this coming Thursday.

Interview Questions
    It's not the kind of job you can negotiate salary with. You should be going in before-hand knowing what you're applying for, and what your states current minimum wage is, and what to expect for your hourly wage.