Express Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Express in October 2010.

5 hours, 6 people, separate interviews; all asked similar questions (could have done it in one room for efficiency).

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of the ordinary. Was not a particularly difficult interview, just tedious.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express in October 2010.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter whom I knew about an opportunity with Express in the digital marketing department at their headquarters. After passing the online screening, I had a phone interview with the Manager, the hiring manager of the department which went well. A few weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter and his scheduling assistant with a full agenda of whom I would meet with for an onsite interview. That part of the process was extremely gracious and well organized. I also had to complete a job application to bring with me to give to the HR Manager.

Upon arrival, the weather was rainy and windy, out of anyone's control and the guard would not check any visitor's in as there was a tornado warning. So all were sent to the basement tunnel during the warning for about an hour. Needless to say, this through everything off. So after that, I finally was checked in about 1/2 hour late. No one was upset of course. So I did not have to meet with the HR Manager and then met with my first group - they seemed busy, professional, intense and then escorted me to a conference room to wait for the next manager. I sat in the room for 15 minutes waiting. Since I was not offered water or bathroom - I took the opportunity. Finally he showed, very nice guy. Asked a few questions. Then he left after 15 minutes to run to another meeting - so much for the 30 minutes we were supposed to have. The last person was the manager I had a phone interview and she was late too. Our meeting was pleasant and I knew right away I wanted out there fast. So no match here. I'm sure perhaps they felt the same. I did get feedback from the recruiter that they did pass on me. I for one, feel lucky for that. Of course the tornado through us all off, but I sure didn't feel really welcome. I do not think I would pursue this company or another position there. They broke off from the Limited a few years ago, and it is all still the same as far as how the culture is. Perhaps that will change with time. The people were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about an email program you have done and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in behavioral marketing and how you could apply that here to take us to the next level?   Answer Question

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!