Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

First was a group interview and then I was invited back for a second round one on one with the assistant manager. Interview was easy and the assistant manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and painless the questions wasnt hard to answer and hiring manager was polite and understanding I actually enjoyed the interview and handled myself well because I didn't feel too pressured.

Interview Questions

• what make she's feel like you are a good fit to be in fashion or in the world of retail   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Process took one week. Applied online amd got called back for a in person interview. Interview was really short and easy and at the end they ask for two refrences.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online and got an offer within a week for a group interview. Group interview was really relaxed and casual. I was in a group with 4 other members. Within the week, I received a call telling me that I was accepted. Out of all the groups, only 4 people were accepted (2 people in my group including me). Questions were very easy, and everyone got a chance to answer. Remain confident and attempt to answer the questions first (but don't be overly eager to steal questions). Also, be sure to dress "Express".

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview. I came in and told a lady working I was there for an interview, she told me she would notify the manager. Five minutes later the manager walked up to me and proceeded to tell me about the sales going on, he thought I was shopping. I told him I was actually there for an interview and he told me he was going to go get things situated with his employees. Came back up to me in about 3-5 minutes and told me we were just going to stand at the front of the store because he was short staffed and had to keep an eye on things... He didn't ask me any questions other than my availability. I told him I had a job, he asked where, and he told me that express is way better than the place I work at and that this should be my top priority over that job (even though when I came in I told him this would be my second job). He also told me they have a higher payroll than where I currently work, then offered me minimum wage for the position... Turns out the place I work at is worth way more than Express, and this guy was just full of himself. This isn't the first interview I've had at an Express store. The first experience was just as bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very short interview, maybe 10 - 15 minutes the most. I was interviewed along with another candidate by the part time hiring manager. She asked us questions like "Tell me about yourself","Tell me about your best and worst experience at your previous job" ,"What is you availability?"

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I had an interview with 4 different people for Express. It was very easy, we went around the circle answering questions. While others were answering you had time to think of your answer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

took a few weeks. 2 interviews. Took a week after second interview to get a call back. Very easy questions, nothing difficult. Actually got a call within a few days of having applied online.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I applied online one day and was called the very next day. An interview was set up a week later. It was a group interview with 3 managers and 4 other girls. We were escorted directly outside of the store for the interview, literally standing in front of the store. When a question was asked, everyone would just speak up and give their answer. The interview took 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you like to do for fun   1 Answer
    • Why would you be an asset to express   Answer Question
    • What do you expect when you come into an express store   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express (Roseville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other girls. There were supposed to be four but one never showed up. The interview was pretty easy, they asked basic questions and nothing they said caught me off guard. Because it was a group setting I made sure I answered some of the questions first and had different answers or added onto an answer that one of the other girls said when it came my turn. The manager who interviewed me did ask me to put together two outfits for her that were Vegas themed, one dressy and one casual. I did so and gave reasons behind everything that I had picked out and why they were appropriate. Overall was pretty comfortable even though I had never worked in retail. I suggest you wear something trendy, and you get bonus points if you wear something really similar to what they sell, or even some of their items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work at Express.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question