Express

174 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Next week, got a call for a group interview with 4 other people. At the end of the interview, the co-manager said we needed a reference to call that week, so next wk we can find out whether or not we got the job.

The interview was pretty low-key. No clique questions asked. She actually thought some up on her own.
(I haven't gotten a call. Just waiting for next wk)

Interview Questions

Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call back after a few days for a group interview. The group interview went smoothly, was about 7-9 people and we took turns answering questions. Questions included:
Why do you want to work here?
How would you be described in a high school reunion in three words?
What's the difference between selling a product and customer service?
It took about 20 minutes total for the interview. I received a call asking for a reference, and a week later was offered the position.
Overall was a friendly yet to the point interview :)
Very excited to be working for Express!

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?
I liked this question because we got some varied answers in our group. I wouldn't consider it a difficult question, but just to provide something here.
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week or two later they called me and asked for an interview. When you get there you realize that it's not a 1 on 1 interview, it's a group interview. There was a group of 4 of us. They asked questions related to customer service (what was the most difficult customer you had and how did you deal with them? what does customer service mean to you? etc.) They tell you they'll call within 3 days or so. I was called later the same day and was offered the job. They then set you up with a time to go to orientation and fill out your I-9 Form.

Interview Question – None. The questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't give you much room to negotiate. You enter your availability online and put you in the schedule the next full week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty much a joke. If you can formulate a sentence and answer a phone, then the job is yours. Applied online, got a call, went in for a group interview, got a call 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Question – They asked for references... Why? I still don't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hell no I couldn't negotiate.

Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – Really easy process. Applied online, called me back for an interview within a few days. Routine questions, how would you handle so and so situation, why do you want to work here, what can you offer, what are your weakness and strengths, then called back for orientation (hired) the next day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and got a call back about two weeks later. Went in a couple days laters for my interview, the manager liked my personality and experience and was offered the job right on the spot. They said they would call with a orientation date, but after a week I called back to set it up. Went to the orientation and started within the next week.

Interview Question – Describe a situation with a unhappy customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got offered a good amount.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online at the website. I received a call about 3 days later for an interview that week. It turned out to be a group interview with 4 other people. He asked questions about how you sold an item before, if you think selling or customer service is more important. Basic stuff like that. I got pulled aside to speak to the other manager.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at this specific Express?   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the manager a few days later. Went to the store and set up an interview. Met with assistant manager and had interview. The interview was quick and fairly standard. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you balance tasks, like straightening clothes and taking care of customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, pay was offered and hours were offered. No negotiation.

Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – Less than formal interview process, I walked in and asked if they were hiring so they handed me an application and afterwards they asked if I had a few minutes and proceeded with the interview. Just asked the general interview questions, past experience, why I wanted to work there, etc...After a 10-15 minute interview I was asked when I could start.

Interview Question – Please tell me a time you resolved a customer dispute effectively.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Sometimes if a manager is available, he or she will interview you right then and there, or sometimes they will call you to schedule and appointment when you can come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!