Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview was for a new store that's about to open so it was pretty basic questions. You applied online first, took and online assessment test then someone called you to set up an interview time if they were interested.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was quick. The hiring manager was unorganized. You NEED references and it is a two interview process. The manager sometimes asked the interviewee to get their references to contact the hiring manager. That was a ridiculous request on their part. A lot of work for bad pay, poor management, and a not-so-luxurious brand.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for Express online and it took about a week or so for someone to contact me. I was invited to a group interview at the Times Square location. The HR manager was pleasant and upbeat. He made me feel comfortable and and actively listened to the answers oft he questions. He asked about 5 questions and gave each person the opportunity to answer. The interview went smoothly and ran more like a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took 3 weeks for them to call me back. The manager was really nice. They told I couldn't get the job because I was 16. But she gave me a list of jobs that do hire at 16.The questions were really easy to answer

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you recieved good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for express   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

First was a group interview and then I was invited back for a second round one on one with the assistant manager. Interview was easy and the assistant manager was very friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and painless the questions wasnt hard to answer and hiring manager was polite and understanding I actually enjoyed the interview and handled myself well because I didn't feel too pressured.

Interview Questions

• what make she's feel like you are a good fit to be in fashion or in the world of retail   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Process took one week. Applied online amd got called back for a in person interview. Interview was really short and easy and at the end they ask for two refrences.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online and got an offer within a week for a group interview. Group interview was really relaxed and casual. I was in a group with 4 other members. Within the week, I received a call telling me that I was accepted. Out of all the groups, only 4 people were accepted (2 people in my group including me). Questions were very easy, and everyone got a chance to answer. Remain confident and attempt to answer the questions first (but don't be overly eager to steal questions). Also, be sure to dress "Express".

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview. I came in and told a lady working I was there for an interview, she told me she would notify the manager. Five minutes later the manager walked up to me and proceeded to tell me about the sales going on, he thought I was shopping. I told him I was actually there for an interview and he told me he was going to go get things situated with his employees. Came back up to me in about 3-5 minutes and told me we were just going to stand at the front of the store because he was short staffed and had to keep an eye on things... He didn't ask me any questions other than my availability. I told him I had a job, he asked where, and he told me that express is way better than the place I work at and that this should be my top priority over that job (even though when I came in I told him this would be my second job). He also told me they have a higher payroll than where I currently work, then offered me minimum wage for the position... Turns out the place I work at is worth way more than Express, and this guy was just full of himself. This isn't the first interview I've had at an Express store. The first experience was just as bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in person at the Express on an iPad, got called in a few days later, called again about two weeks after and started working another week or so after.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the different between customer sales and customer service?   1 Answer