Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview was on the spot, extremely casual and surprisingly simple. The manager walked around the store with me while asking me questions. It probably helps to wear an outfit that looks like it came from Express to boost your chances of getting the job. Usually you go through a group interview before going on a 1:1 interview. However, I was referred by an employee so I skipped the group interview. The questions ranged from why I chose Express to describe Express in 3 words. I managed to pass never having walked into the store until that day. My advice is to just smile, give a firm handshake and be outgoing and sociable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Kingston, MA).

Interview

Well. When I went in for the interview. First thing the manager said to me was I need to wear express clothing. Questioned me on places that I shop. And I believed they were short handed, because I got offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interviews with four others. Questions were pretty basic. Was in the back of some room, kinda cramped but whatever. Had to wait awhile, interview was at 1pm and didn't get called back until like 1:20 almost.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Express? Tell us something about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. They asked you to describe yourself, how have you been provided good customer service or given good customer service, then a role play in helping a customer and welcoming them into the store. They also want a reference and to have the reference contact them. The pay rate is all over the place but, I was given two differing hourly wages. One by the interviewing manager at $8.25 an hour and another by the other hiring manager at $9.00 an hour. They also only offer very part time positions. For example, most places offer 10 hours a week starting but they offer three. They're very nice and laid back but, I definitely needed more hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Walked in about 20 minutes early along with another candidate. We were interviewed together by one of the managers. A very relaxed and low stress interview. At the end of the interview we were told to expect a phone call from the store manager and that he would make the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview was for a new store that's about to open so it was pretty basic questions. You applied online first, took and online assessment test then someone called you to set up an interview time if they were interested.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was quick. The hiring manager was unorganized. You NEED references and it is a two interview process. The manager sometimes asked the interviewee to get their references to contact the hiring manager. That was a ridiculous request on their part. A lot of work for bad pay, poor management, and a not-so-luxurious brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for Express online and it took about a week or so for someone to contact me. I was invited to a group interview at the Times Square location. The HR manager was pleasant and upbeat. He made me feel comfortable and and actively listened to the answers oft he questions. He asked about 5 questions and gave each person the opportunity to answer. The interview went smoothly and ran more like a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Glendale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted online for a sales associate position. After a couple of weeks I received a call to set up an interview. I was there 15 minutes before my interview and I was told to walk around and wait since it was going to be a group interview and they were waiting for everyone to show. After 25 minutes of waiting no one else had showed up so I ended up having a one on one interview. He spoke a little about himself and then started with the interview. You really should know about the brand itself, their products, and your strengths. After the interview he said he thought I was perfect for the job but that I needed a second interview. He went to get the store manager to give me a second interview right then and there but came back saying the manager felt that she didn't need to interview me...... He said the only last step was to at least get a hold of one of my references. After that he would call me to get things started. I had this interview yesterday and have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Express?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you shopped at express? What did you purchase and why?   Answer Question
    • When you enter an Express store what is the first thing you notice ?   Answer Question
    • I am going to mention 3 positions available. Rank from the position you see your self best performing at to least performing and why. Sales associate, merchandising, cashier.....   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online, was called for an interview a week later. Arrived about 10 minutes early to the store, was told to wait and browse for a little while while they got set up. Another applicant arrived for an interview as well, and we were both interviewed at the same time. Very simple interview, lasted about 10-15 minutes with a few basic questions.