Express

Average Difficulty
177 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on their website, and got a call within a few days. It was a group interview where the manager asked a question and we all just took turns answering. Nothing too out of the ordinary for a retail job.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Asked about my education and desire working for the company. Discussed future goals, eye for fashion, and trends. Discussed my availability and what kind of position I was seeking.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but possibly of promotion to Fashion Expert.

Brownsville, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Express in August 2014.

Interview Details – Got called a week after applied. Went to group interview in dress attire.Shirt, slacks, dress shoes. You need to take at least 3 references that you're gonna have to write down in your application they have, but instead what I did was printed out my references and made it look professional with a references template from MS Word. The manager interviewed us and asked us to introduce ourselves. I told her 'My name is __ but everyone calls me __. I'm 18, I recently graduated from __ and I decided to take a break from school because I want to get some real life experience." Sweet short and to the point. TIPS: 1. Try to talk as much as possible, not about whatever you wanna say but just be interactive and let the manager know you know how to communicate and not afraid to talk because they don't want shy people. (everyone says I'm shy, yet I was the one talking the most there) 2. Look at all the interview questions posted on this website for Express, memorize and answer to all of them. The manager is just going to get a list of questions and ask anyone at random so be prepared. 3.SMILE, when the manager says something to the group, say something back as quick as possible so he/she knows you're real interested. 4.Stand out by dressing the nicest, say good morning/afternoon, shake hands, thank yous. So they said they were gonna call back the next week (4-10 days after) but they never did.They called back the week after that week and said they were really busy. If you think you did good in the interview, be patient and wait for the call.Overall, good short interview (15 min. max).

Interview Question – Why Express?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No experience so I got min. wage.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Next week, got a call for a group interview with 4 other people. At the end of the interview, the co-manager said we needed a reference to call that week, so next wk we can find out whether or not we got the job.

The interview was pretty low-key. No clique questions asked. She actually thought some up on her own.
(I haven't gotten a call. Just waiting for next wk)

Interview Questions

Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call back after a few days for a group interview. The group interview went smoothly, was about 7-9 people and we took turns answering questions. Questions included:
Why do you want to work here?
How would you be described in a high school reunion in three words?
What's the difference between selling a product and customer service?
It took about 20 minutes total for the interview. I received a call asking for a reference, and a week later was offered the position.
Overall was a friendly yet to the point interview :)
Very excited to be working for Express!

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?
I liked this question because we got some varied answers in our group. I wouldn't consider it a difficult question, but just to provide something here.
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week or two later they called me and asked for an interview. When you get there you realize that it's not a 1 on 1 interview, it's a group interview. There was a group of 4 of us. They asked questions related to customer service (what was the most difficult customer you had and how did you deal with them? what does customer service mean to you? etc.) They tell you they'll call within 3 days or so. I was called later the same day and was offered the job. They then set you up with a time to go to orientation and fill out your I-9 Form.

Interview Question – None. The questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't give you much room to negotiate. You enter your availability online and put you in the schedule the next full week.

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty much a joke. If you can formulate a sentence and answer a phone, then the job is yours. Applied online, got a call, went in for a group interview, got a call 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Question – They asked for references... Why? I still don't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hell no I couldn't negotiate.

Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – Really easy process. Applied online, called me back for an interview within a few days. Routine questions, how would you handle so and so situation, why do you want to work here, what can you offer, what are your weakness and strengths, then called back for orientation (hired) the next day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and got a call back about two weeks later. Went in a couple days laters for my interview, the manager liked my personality and experience and was offered the job right on the spot. They said they would call with a orientation date, but after a week I called back to set it up. Went to the orientation and started within the next week.

Interview Question – Describe a situation with a unhappy customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got offered a good amount.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online at the website. I received a call about 3 days later for an interview that week. It turned out to be a group interview with 4 other people. He asked questions about how you sold an item before, if you think selling or customer service is more important. Basic stuff like that. I got pulled aside to speak to the other manager.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at this specific Express?   Answer Question

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!