Express

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.1

205 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Applied online, received a call for a group interview about a week later. I was with 2 others and asked basic questions such as previous work experience. Was told I would hear back in the next couple days but never got a call

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in your previous job when you had to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2012.

I filled out an application and turned it in at my local store. I was contacted within a week or two and asked to do an interview in person. The interview was pretty relaxed - the manager and I went to the food court and asked a few questions and then I had to pick out an outfit for someone who would be going out to a party.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer who looked like they were stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

The interview was pretty low-key. The manager asked about my retail background and interests, as well as work-life balance and expectations for the job. He asked how I would handle different customer scenarios and what my objectives would be with each customer. I was interviewed with another potential employee, and we were both hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would report a fellow employee's dishonest actions- of course I would.   Answer Question
    I doubt that there's any potential for negotiation at Express.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question
    it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

The process was super easy - I applied on a Sunday night and was called Monday for an interview. After my interview, I was told they would call me in a week after checking references, but it was more like two weeks. After two weeks, they called me and formally offered me the job, and then I had orientation and started two days after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the woman who interviewed me immediately started talking about the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied online, filled out an application, and the next day they called. Got a group interview with them the day of. Be yourself, answer truthfully. She just asked about me, how my customer service is. nothing out of the ordinary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in June 2010.

I was invited to a group interview which took place in the break room. The manager leading the session asked questions and we all took turns responding. One of the main focuses was customer service and an explanation of employee policies. It was interesting to hear the other candidates' responses. My advice for group interviews is to pay close attention to the responses and use the previously mentioned points to strengthen your statements. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much opportunity to negotiate as I was a seasonal worker.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question