Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

197 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in June 2010.

I was invited to a group interview which took place in the break room. The manager leading the session asked questions and we all took turns responding. One of the main focuses was customer service and an explanation of employee policies. It was interesting to hear the other candidates' responses. My advice for group interviews is to pay close attention to the responses and use the previously mentioned points to strengthen your statements. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions
There wasn't much opportunity to negotiate as I was a seasonal worker.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online then a week later got a call from store manager and we set up an interview. When I arrived I realized it was a group interview. The interview process was very easy and the store manager was extremely nice! I got a call back exactly one week after the interview asking if I was still interested and I said yes! My first day is Sunday afternoon!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's my first job so I knew I was going to make minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

Saw an ad in the store stating that they were hiring, and I was advised to complete an application online. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day to schedule my interview and give names of two references. The interview itself lasted about 15-20 minutes and consisted of basic interview and "what would you do if..." questions, nothing too difficult. After she called my references, the lady I interviewed with called me back with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing clothes from the stock room?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express in August 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone call two days later to set up an interview. Interview questions were easy with a few situational questions. They ask for two personal references so come prepared. Called back 2 days later to do orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a customer throw a stack of jeans into her stroller and walk off, what do you do?   Answer Question
    They aren't really open to negotiation. Their start pay is what you are going to get.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in September 2014.

The overall interview process went well. They asked why id wanna work there, what do i have to offer to the company and where i see myself in 5 years.