Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview, pick out an outfit (Arrive Early) at least 15 minutes so you can do this, sell your outfit (make sure to up-sell), then interview questions. I thought I was going to be able to interview for co-manager position. Express lists job opening as Co-Manager/Sales Associate it can be assumed that it is most likely for Sales Associate or make sure to ask when they call you to set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently employed, why did you leave your last job? What is your style? Are you willing to do anything related to the job i.e. clean bathrooms   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I had an interview with 4 different people for Express. It was very easy, we went around the circle answering questions. While others were answering you had time to think of your answer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

took a few weeks. 2 interviews. Took a week after second interview to get a call back. Very easy questions, nothing difficult. Actually got a call within a few days of having applied online.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I applied online one day and was called the very next day. An interview was set up a week later. It was a group interview with 3 managers and 4 other girls. We were escorted directly outside of the store for the interview, literally standing in front of the store. When a question was asked, everyone would just speak up and give their answer. The interview took 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you like to do for fun   1 Answer
    • Why would you be an asset to express   Answer Question
    • What do you expect when you come into an express store   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and 2 days later I received a call to set up an interview. My interview was one on one, and took about 15 minutes. The manager was really nice, and did not make the interview difficult at all. The had more interviews so they said they would call me if they choose me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Roseville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other girls. There were supposed to be four but one never showed up. The interview was pretty easy, they asked basic questions and nothing they said caught me off guard. Because it was a group setting I made sure I answered some of the questions first and had different answers or added onto an answer that one of the other girls said when it came my turn. The manager who interviewed me did ask me to put together two outfits for her that were Vegas themed, one dressy and one casual. I did so and gave reasons behind everything that I had picked out and why they were appropriate. Overall was pretty comfortable even though I had never worked in retail. I suggest you wear something trendy, and you get bonus points if you wear something really similar to what they sell, or even some of their items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work at Express.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great and the store manager was super nice! It was one on one and we went through the whole interview with no problems. She told me that the company looks for potential employees who are bubbly, responsible, and a good fit for the company. Express does not hire under 18, so she told me I couldn't get the job because she didn't realize I was under age.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call the day after I applied for an interview the very next day. Interview was super casual and relaxed. Started as a group interview with two other girls then we had individual interviews right after. They definitely contact your references so and I'm currently stuck in a phone tag war between the manager and my last supervisor. Other than that they basically told me that I got the job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Stockton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very fun, the store manager called 7 people and 6 showed up. I applied a week and got a call the following morning very quick to reply back. The interview was set up for a Tuesday in the afternoon.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

This was a group interview. The manager took us to the back room where she asked as questions. This only took twenty minutes. She was interested and focused on what everyone had to say.