Express

2.3

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express in April 2013.

I originally applied for a sales associate position. During the interview with the assistant manager, she expressed I would be better suited for a sales lead position and told me she would set up an interview with the manager. A week later, I interviewed with the manager and it went extremely well from what I thought. The questions pertained to my skills on selling and dealing with irate customers. She told me she would do a background check and get back to me. A week went by and I wasn't contacted so I called the manager. She then explained I was definitely a candidate but there was someone else that worked in the store already and was applying for the sales lead position as well. She was going to interview her and then get back to me. The already employed woman got the job.

Interview Questions
  • How can you influence an employee who isn't motivated to sell products or excel at their job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

answer the loss prevention question right, dress super nice and very professional

no negotiation i needed a job

Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

I turned in my application to a store manager who faxed it to another store manager. I was contacted for an interview. I interviewed with the 2nd store manager who really liked me. The interview was very easy because the manager was extremely friendly. She told me that she liked me and would be contacting the DM to let her know that she approved.

About a week later, I was contacted by the DM for an interview. This interview was difficult. The DM was extremely passionate about Express and was trying to test if I could handle her. She then sprung a question on me that I had sadly failed to study, "What do you know about Express?" And she wasn't looking for me to tell her that they sell dress clothes, she was looking for specific facts about the company, company structure, etc. Anyways, she said she liked me and wanted me to send her a list of references.

I emailed her 4 references and come to find out, they called 3/4. They even emailed me asking for 1 more because one did not answer. They spent about 3 weeks talking to my references. Also, when I had applied and interviewed, I was told there were no immediate positions open, but positions were opening up within the next month or two. Express is the type of company that is very skeptical of external hires and really wants to make sure they are bringing in top quality candidates. After a few weeks, the DM finally called me back telling me that she found me a position and would love to have me on the team.

Interview Questions
    I put down a lot more than I was actually making at my current job and they didn't check, so although I didn't get what I asked for, I got more than what I was making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in May 2011.

they called me up to set up a time and date. when i arrived at the store i was asked various question pertaining to my previous exp. which was very good for the position then i was offered the job and negotiated the hourly due to my expierence

Interview Questions
    told them 13 hr they said 11 i said 12 and were even he laughed and excepted the offer

Sales Lead Interview

interview with store manager and district manager. straightforward and simple selling and coaching questions.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to discipline an associate and how you went about it   Answer Question
    they didn't negotiate, just stated what they were willing to pay