Express Scripts Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process was extremely drawn out. It took over two months from the initial interview to the offer. Little feedback or communication was offered by ESI during the time frame. The only communication occurred when I contacted them. The actual interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• The asked a number of situation questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Express Scripts

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

had an informational interview early on, so my process may be a bit different. Applied via website. Contacted by recruiter nearly 1 month later for phone screening. A month after that, there was an interview with two directors, pretty much a pre-screening. Nearly two months later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with an unhappy client. What was the situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Honestly, it has been sometime since I was hired and was a legacy Medco employee and I am sure this process is not the same as it was when I was hired. I am not familiar with the process as it is today now that the company is ESI.

Interview Questions

• As stated I was hired many years ago by Medco.   1 Answer

Negotiation

When hired with the organization it wasn't in my current position.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR Recruiter after submitting resume via corporate website. Scheduled phone interviews one week out both times. First interview experience was panel with two Directors and one Sr. Account Manager. Pretty basic situational interview - however one continued to come back with why I wanted to return to the company. Second interview experience was 1-1 with Hiring Manager. This was refreshing - it was more of a conversation where the HM could evaluate how well I would speak on the phone. Very direct questions. No one got back to me after the first interview experience. The second interview experience I did receive follow up and feedback from the hiring manager directly within the time frame promised. One experience was negative, while the second experience was very positive. I will continue to apply later in the year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Bloomington, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

There were 3 interviews - initial screening by recruiter, group interview with senior management and final interview with senior director.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for every question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation. When it was done, it was a 40% pay increase for me anyway.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts in May 2011.

Interview

The first interview was your run of the mill behavioral interview; '"Name a time when...". I was called back for the second interview with the head of that division. Now that interview was odd, to say the least. It was far from the usual behavioral interview. I was asked the usual basic 'where do you see yourself in 5 years' questions, then out of nowhere (I kid you not) mid-sentence, the interviewer began to speak Spanish. I faltered just bit from the ball out of left field, to which she accused me of not knowing Spanish as stated on my resume. I lived in Mexico for 2 years. I know Spanish. She dressed me down like I was a child caught lying or cheating. There's no way Id want to work in that environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Columbus, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Basic interview structure. Had 3 interviews, last one with a Senior Account Mgr

Interview Questions

• Again, pretty basic. How did you resolve a particular client/customer related issue. No real curve balls involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer met my desires, but I understand there is some room for negotiation.