Express Scripts Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I have a review titled "Don't do this to yourself" on the review page. I was lied to the entire interview. I was told that I would have a phone, be building relationships with clients, be researching issues, etc. When I expressed that the pay was low, I was told that advancement opportunities were constant. Upon accepting the position, I was thrown into data entry and had no customer contact whatsoever, and was discouraged from doing any sort of research. I was denied opportunities (not even reviewed for opportunities) of advancement. The interviewer's office smelled horribly of mildew-- so much that I kept looking around for noticeable mold. They told me to type fast for the typing test, yet gave me 4 papers that were stapled together. I immediately tore them apart and set them in front of my screen. When the interviewer saw this he looked flabbergasted and then chuckled and asked why I did it. Flipping stapled pages takes quite a bit of time when seconds count.

Interview Questions

• Where would you work if you didn't get a position here?   1 Answer
  • Tell me in detail about a time you had to deal with a client who had sensitive and private information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told that there would be room for advancement since I wasn't pleased with the pay grade. That was unfortunately a lie.

Other Interview Reviews for Express Scripts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Mason, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

1 vague phone interview, 1 detailed in-person interview. they ask the typical lame behavioral questions, such as "Tell me a time in which you were at work and had a difficult customer to deal with. What happened and how did you handle the situation?" Then they ask 4-5 pharmacy questions such as, "What is the generic name for Xanax?" and, "If a doctor writes a script for 120 tablets and to take 2 a day, what is the days supply?"

Interview Questions

• they ask you 4-5 pharmacy questions like brand/generics and quantity/days supply questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

they ask you what hourly rate you would accept. whatever your lowest rate given as long as it is in their range, you will get. i made the mistake of saying i would take 11 an hour and others that got hired with me with MUCH less experience were hired in making 13-14 an hour. so keep that in mind, they don't pay you what you are worth, just what you are willing to take.

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

interviewed at Express Scripts (Bensalem, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Online Typing test and basic maths skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

online assessments (2); in person interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared - read up about the company; refresh your previous experiences for the psyc questions. Be yourself, not like you're with family, more like you're with a new friend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Tempe, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR via email a few days later and asked to take two assessment tests: one to test for job fit by asking behavioral/personality questions, and another to check typing speed and accuracy. Contacted the next day for an interview. Interview process involved being asked behavioral/situational questions regarding work contribution, repetitive tasks, flexibility, detail orientation, etc. by a rotating semi-panel of lead technicians and supervisors (two interviewers will ask the first three questions, then they'll hand you off to two different interviewers who will ask the next three questions). Apparently after this process, the interviewers will all get together and discuss the interviewees. Was contacted the next day with a job offer. All in all, a quick and straightforward hiring process: I applied online Sunday afternoon and was offered a job on Friday.

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express Scripts in August 2013.

Interview

You come in and do a data entry test. If you pass someone comes and takes you to another room to do a brief general interview. If they like what you have to say you are taken to another office to meet with a higher up for a more in depth interview. This all happened in one day.

Interview Questions

The hours are not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Trevose, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I filled out the online application and completed the online personality test. I was called by a recruiter to schedule a 1:1 interview two days later. I was told I needed to pass the typing test in order to proceed to the 1:1 interview. After passing their typing test I was interviewed by someone from Human Resources. After finishing the first interview, I was asked if I would stick around for a second interview with a supervisor, which I did. After my second interview, I was told by the supervisor that someone from Human Resources would be in touch in a few days. My interviews were on a Thursday, I received a call the following Tuesday from Human Resources with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They ask for a lot of descriptions of when things needed to be done and how you handled the situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a random timed test which was a bit ridiculous covering Mathematical knowledge. After the test I interviewed with my Manager, and I was hired with in the week

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to be here at Express Scripts   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express Scripts (Bensalem, PA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online like any other person with not that many skills really I could just type fast and was pretty accurate when it came to information checking. They called me in for an interview went to the interview in formal attire. They gave me a typing test to take you had to be greater than 25 or 30 W/min. Meet with an HR recruiter that talked about the company. Few questions nothing very difficult or demanding. Then I got the Job.

Interview Questions

• What are your feelings about repetitive work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No not really

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in November 2009.

Interview

it consisted of phone , typing ,drug test , and skills test pretty in depth and was resonable