Express Scripts

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Versailles, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in July 2014.

Interview Details – You start off by filling out an online application and typing assessment. The assessment lists about 26 entries with sample information you would be entering (name of doctor, health coverage company, address, etc.). You have 5 minutes to complete the assessment and it is required to print the entries prior so you will need a printer. I only got through 3 and a half so I thought I completely failed, but I was called for an interview two days later, and was told I did rather well. They look more at attention to detail and entering information without error, rather than speed and mistakes.

On the interview, they bring you in a room and it is very relaxed. It is conducted by one interviewer and the are very friendly. They explain what the company does and what the position entails before the questions begin. There are 5 behavioral interviewing questions. At the conclusion of the interview, they explain that there are a few things that distract people from accepting employment (such as, parking, cubicle size, shift bids, noise limits, etc.) and if you would be ok with them. The interview takes about an hr.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to perform the same activity over and over. What measures did you take to keep yourself from being distracted. What was the result.

Name a time when you were given a directive you did not agree was in the best interest of the company. How did you handle it and what was the result.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got the position, but after careful consideration I declined & decided to stay with the company I was currently working for at the time. The pay increase was minor compared to the 7-30PM shift I had at the time.

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

Interview Details – This was an initial screening interview was conducted over the phone. The HR (or recruiter?) I spoke with verified my employment history, if they'd find anything in my background check, and asked if I was available for the late second shift. I am to find out soon whether if I make the cut for the next interview.

Interview Question – As stated above, the interview was conducted over the phone. I use a sign language interpreter through video relay service. The person seemed to not understand why I was using an interpreter and asked if my English was not that great. I thought the question was impolite. I replied stating that I didn't think the question is appropriate to ask but my English is just fine. The person clarified/rephrased her question asking why I was using an interpreter and I said that I am using a sign language interpreter.   Answer Question

Data Entry Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call, interviewed one on one with a supervisor, got a call back a few days later.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!