Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Supervisor was late. Wasn't very professional alot of people declined the position, the questions were similar as though you were being asked the same question over and over again. I got the feeling I wasn't being just off my qualifications at all. Overall it felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a previous job to change a process in which you worked?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Versailles, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (North Versailles, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Inital communication was through email with a recuiter and then on the phone. They'll move you to a senior HR personell and if you pass that you come in for an in person. The interview is intensive, mine was with 3 members of managment and a panel with all the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Hard to tell, the panel interview is intense. Be prepared for a long day.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by recruiter a week later. Standard interview questions for analysts, moderate difficulty as you advanced further in the rounds. Interview questions and style seemed to vary based on style of recruiter and hiring manager with some having a greater practical vs theoretical focus. Interviews were interactive, allowed questions to better understand role.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on Lean Six Sigma processes and previous project results.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process was extremely drawn out. It took over two months from the initial interview to the offer. Little feedback or communication was offered by ESI during the time frame. The only communication occurred when I contacted them. The actual interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• The asked a number of situation questions.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Process was slow, dragged out over four months but interviews with eventual peers were challenging and professional yet reflective of the upbeat nature of the department. Recruiting staff was subpar; gal was catty and often negative overall and seemed frustrated by questions once an offer was submitted. If my interviews with my peers hadn't been so great, I probably would have given up and missed what's been a wonderful opportunity.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Bloomington, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick. Generally have to do two part interviews if you are from inside. If you are from outside, three part interviews. First you will have a phone screening with the recruiter. After you complete that process, the manager interview and then meet with Hiring Director and HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time how you dealt with difficult employees and how did you coach them and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have negotiation. They declined my counter offer. The pay is pretty low compare to other Supervisors in healthcare.

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty painful because of the the behavioral questions. I don't think the hiring should be based only off of how well someone can tell a story. It should be based on both how well someone answers the behavior questions as well as regular interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you were uncomfortable with because you didn't have all of the information?   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two back-to back sessions of 2-on-1 interviews, each about 30 minutes. Friendly individuals; in retrospect, there is a feeling that there may have been weighted questions in which an interviewee might inadvertently blurt something to effectively be removed from consideration. Main gripe: There was never any word from a company representative after the interview that the position would not be offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particularly difficult situation and your actions to resolve it   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

The Interview process was annoying. They tend to ask questions that involve rather complicated and obscure scenarios over the more common sense type questions. Interviewers treated you like you were at a police station being interrogated. Disrespectful, condescending, and they kept me waiting. I asked them this question: ""Please describe your culture to me"" The response I got was one sentence: ""You go where we put you"". I've been through 2 interviews there. One of my two interviews was a phone interview. When I dialed into the meeting line they were finishing a previous phone interview that went over its allotted time. I got to hear half the interview questions before they even got to me. All I did was hang up and dial back in.

Interview Questions

• One question involved compiling a Binary on a system that didn't allow compliling. A simple question but it was worded in an awkward and counter-intuitive manner.   1 Answer

Combative attitudes of the interviewers. Many and varied negative personal anecdotes from former employees and colleagues who have interviewed there. Numerous bad reviews on this very website.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had to take 2 intense assessments all within 2 days of me applying. Recruiter calls me and leaves a voice mail, call back twice that day and she never returns my call, call again the next day and she finally returns my call.

Interview Questions

• The job pays $12.50 an hour and the hours are 12 pm to 9 pm   1 Answer

Money and Hourse