Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

The recruiter and hiring manager were very professional and It was very enjoyable. From start to finish the entire process was very well managed. Although I didn't get an offer the hiring manager and I discuss detailed expectations of the potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are you areas for improvements.   1 Answer

Director of Credit and Collections Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Headquarter talent acquisition person phone contact and brief phone interview. Then second phone interviews with a few senior management leaders. Third step is in person interviews with different senior management from different business units.
    The company pays for travel expenses and arranges the schedule for meetings.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, specific examples of work challenges, solutions deployed, best practices brought to the business, and how I can meet the needs of the company in my areas of expertise.
      Each senior management person bring about questions related to their own business unit and how I can help their teams.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation process was smooth and moved quickly - There was not too much going back and forward and the overall time from first contact to offer was under 45 days.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Extremely long for any in-house, non-call center position. It took over 2 months to schedule my second and third interview. By the time I was interviewed, you could tell the managers had already made their decision and could care less about any of the answers I provided. It was a waste of time.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Looking for a good position. Prepare well for the interview. Be confident and friendly. Give your manager a good impression of you by backing up answer with the example.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were three face to face interviews with various members of the management team. This was followed by a formal presentation with a topic of your choice. Just meant to make sure you are able to speak to a client intelligently. Overall, it was a little over the top, but I guess needed for all the applications they typically receive.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

Spoke with a recruiter who setup the interview with almost no questions at all. Interviewed with a SR manager as well as a director in Finance. They were more interested in my educational background and the courses I completed in graduate school than my actual work experience, even though i was nearly five years removed from school. No institutional questions were asked. Felt like they were really trying to gauge my personality more than skills. I think the frame of mind was at the time, that they can teach pharmaceutical pricing to anyone, the individual would just have to be willing to work hard and learn.

Senior Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews, pretty easy going. Didn't really feel too much like an interview. Offered a job at 15/hour and the shift was going to be 11am to 8:30pm. Declined because it was too far of a drive (by the Indianapolis airport) and the job itself consisted of sitting in front of a computer all day.

Data Entry Technician Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

First a quick phone interview, than an interview at the company location. Starting pay was $13.25 an hour. Went to orientation and realized the place was call center sweat shop. Basically no freedom to even get up and stretch your legs. Very scary and seemed like everyone who worked there was severely depressed.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions, "What short cuts would you take to increase speed and productivity in data entry and privacy.".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I resigned after 2 weeks.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had to take 2 intense assessments all within 2 days of me applying. Recruiter calls me and leaves a voice mail, call back twice that day and she never returns my call, call again the next day and she finally returns my call.

Interview Questions

• The job pays $12.50 an hour and the hours are 12 pm to 9 pm   1 Answer

Money and Hourse

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

First they call you and tell you about the position and other information. Then if you are still interested they schedule for an interview where you meet with 2 people. Then after all that they call you back the next day with results.