Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.7

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Interview

At the time Pharmacist were in high demand not a tuff interview, so the did not ask very many questions, only when I could start and if I needed time off soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview Process included multiple telephone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Job description for position was not accurate and differences were not identified early enough in the process to allow candidate to adjust focus. Everybody was extremely pleasant and professional!

Make sure you can relate your experience to their job description (easier when the job you apply for is the one they interview you for). They really want leadership qualifications! The technical IT environment is highly evolved, but management of the functions is lagging behind.

Interview Questions

• What metrics have you used to track budget on past programs or projects? Difficult because I was unable to tell what they meant; do you mean earned value management, or do you want to know how numbers were arrived at on a past project? Several questions were "fuzzy" and meant to elicit personality traits.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online response from recruiter in 2 weeks. Interviewed with supervisor. The questions were very general and consistent to other job interview questions. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted. One with was with the hiring manager and another with manager and current Problem Manager. Both completed over the phone. Both phone interviews lasted slightly over one hour.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Port St Lucie, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was offered to complete the assessment test for further consideration. Maybe about 4 days later, I was contacted by a recruiter for a quick simple phone interview mainly explaining about the company and my availability. The recruiter scheduled me for a 1:1 interview for the next day and she also sent me a pdf to go over for before the interview. It was very helpful because the use the STAR Method. After my interview was was told that someone would contact me from Talent Acq and sure enough 3 days later I received a job offer from the same recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond what you were expected to do? What approach did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Data Entry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Versailles, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts (North Versailles, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

You start off by filling out an online application and typing assessment. The assessment lists about 26 entries with sample information you would be entering (name of doctor, health coverage company, address, etc.). You have 5 minutes to complete the assessment and it is required to print the entries prior so you will need a printer. I only got through 3 and a half so I thought I completely failed, but I was called for an interview two days later, and was told I did rather well. They look more at attention to detail and entering information without error, rather than speed and mistakes.

On the interview, they bring you in a room and it is very relaxed. It is conducted by one interviewer and the are very friendly. They explain what the company does and what the position entails before the questions begin. There are 5 behavioral interviewing questions. At the conclusion of the interview, they explain that there are a few things that distract people from accepting employment (such as, parking, cubicle size, shift bids, noise limits, etc.) and if you would be ok with them. The interview takes about an hr.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to perform the same activity over and over. What measures did you take to keep yourself from being distracted. What was the result.

Name a time when you were given a directive you did not agree was in the best interest of the company. How did you handle it and what was the result.

Answer Question

I got the position, but after careful consideration I declined & decided to stay with the company I was currently working for at the time. The pay increase was minor compared to the 7-30PM shift I had at the time.

Quality and Process Improvement Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview with an HR manager in Orlando, FL. After that interview, I was set-up with a phone interview with the individual who would be my supervisor. After that interview, I was set-up with another phone interview with a Senior Director of Quality and in-person interview with the potential director supervisor, an in-person interview with the VP and a phone interview with the supervisor of the positions direct internal customer. All phone interview were 30 minutes and the in-person interviews were 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Most of the discussion was based on questions that I had prepared for the interview. All the questions I had formally prepared were never asked. Questions asked of me were further details from my resume on my experience.   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Pay not competitive

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I applied online and received a call and an initial phone interview. I had great initial phone interview and set up face to face interview based on the success of my phone screening. It was all downhill once I arrived at the St Louis campus.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me "how did you get to go to (a specific private school)". She mentioned that he school was very expensive and asked what my father did to be able to send me to that school.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

Interview

This was an initial screening interview was conducted over the phone. The HR (or recruiter?) I spoke with verified my employment history, if they'd find anything in my background check, and asked if I was available for the late second shift. I am to find out soon whether if I make the cut for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, the interview was conducted over the phone. I use a sign language interpreter through video relay service. The person seemed to not understand why I was using an interpreter and asked if my English was not that great. I thought the question was impolite. I replied stating that I didn't think the question is appropriate to ask but my English is just fine. The person clarified/rephrased her question asking why I was using an interpreter and I said that I am using a sign language interpreter.   Answer Question