Express Scripts

2.7

Data Entry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Versailles, PA
    Anonymous Employee in North Versailles, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts in July 2014.

You start off by filling out an online application and typing assessment. The assessment lists about 26 entries with sample information you would be entering (name of doctor, health coverage company, address, etc.). You have 5 minutes to complete the assessment and it is required to print the entries prior so you will need a printer. I only got through 3 and a half so I thought I completely failed, but I was called for an interview two days later, and was told I did rather well. They look more at attention to detail and entering information without error, rather than speed and mistakes.

On the interview, they bring you in a room and it is very relaxed. It is conducted by one interviewer and the are very friendly. They explain what the company does and what the position entails before the questions begin. There are 5 behavioral interviewing questions. At the conclusion of the interview, they explain that there are a few things that distract people from accepting employment (such as, parking, cubicle size, shift bids, noise limits, etc.) and if you would be ok with them. The interview takes about an hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to perform the same activity over and over. What measures did you take to keep yourself from being distracted. What was the result.

Name a time when you were given a directive you did not agree was in the best interest of the company. How did you handle it and what was the result.

Answer Question

I got the position, but after careful consideration I declined & decided to stay with the company I was currently working for at the time. The pay increase was minor compared to the 7-30PM shift I had at the time.

Quality and Process Improvement Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in July 2014.

Hiring process started with a phone interview with an HR manager in Orlando, FL. After that interview, I was set-up with a phone interview with the individual who would be my supervisor. After that interview, I was set-up with another phone interview with a Senior Director of Quality and in-person interview with the potential director supervisor, an in-person interview with the VP and a phone interview with the supervisor of the positions direct internal customer. All phone interview were 30 minutes and the in-person interviews were 60 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the discussion was based on questions that I had prepared for the interview. All the questions I had formally prepared were never asked. Questions asked of me were further details from my resume on my experience.   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Pay not competitive

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied online and received a call and an initial phone interview. I had great initial phone interview and set up face to face interview based on the success of my phone screening. It was all downhill once I arrived at the St Louis campus.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me "how did you get to go to (a specific private school)". She mentioned that he school was very expensive and asked what my father did to be able to send me to that school.   View Answer

Data Entry Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

This was an initial screening interview was conducted over the phone. The HR (or recruiter?) I spoke with verified my employment history, if they'd find anything in my background check, and asked if I was available for the late second shift. I am to find out soon whether if I make the cut for the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, the interview was conducted over the phone. I use a sign language interpreter through video relay service. The person seemed to not understand why I was using an interpreter and asked if my English was not that great. I thought the question was impolite. I replied stating that I didn't think the question is appropriate to ask but my English is just fine. The person clarified/rephrased her question asking why I was using an interpreter and I said that I am using a sign language interpreter.   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

The application process was long and the recruiter I talked to was very friendly. First interview was rescheduled a week before interview for the following month. I was early for my interview appointment and the company reps Doing the interviews were late. Interview itself went ok but in the end I was not hired. They went about it very unprofessionally and informed me I was not offered a position in front of other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Basically just situational questions based on experiences.   Answer Question

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I have a review titled "Don't do this to yourself" on the review page. I was lied to the entire interview. I was told that I would have a phone, be building relationships with clients, be researching issues, etc. When I expressed that the pay was low, I was told that advancement opportunities were constant. Upon accepting the position, I was thrown into data entry and had no customer contact whatsoever, and was discouraged from doing any sort of research. I was denied opportunities (not even reviewed for opportunities) of advancement. The interviewer's office smelled horribly of mildew-- so much that I kept looking around for noticeable mold. They told me to type fast for the typing test, yet gave me 4 papers that were stapled together. I immediately tore them apart and set them in front of my screen. When the interviewer saw this he looked flabbergasted and then chuckled and asked why I did it. Flipping stapled pages takes quite a bit of time when seconds count.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you work if you didn't get a position here?   View Answer
    • Tell me in detail about a time you had to deal with a client who had sensitive and private information.   View Answer
    I was told that there would be room for advancement since I wasn't pleased with the pay grade. That was unfortunately a lie.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

HR from Head Quarter called to schedule an interview. Email received with detail info of company/ interview time/schedule/location. After interviews, HR notify acceptance with further pre-job orientation on company cultue/regulations. The whole process last about 1 week.

no negotiation of wages.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Hired out and started as a data entry tech /or pharm tech. Interview process wasnt too bad. It's was about 5 years ago and i have since then held multiple positins. The Likelihood of moving upward within the company is 90% chances.

Interview Questions
    • none, just the traditional tell me about a time when types of questions.   Answer Question
    none

Prior Authorization Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

It took me a long time to get an interview with ESI. After applying for this position online a recruiter contacted me a few days later and did a 15 min. phone interview asking about my self and a few behavior based interview questions. At the end the recruiter told me she would me to continue to the next round of interviews and we scheduled at the next opening I was available. My interview was all behavior based questions and I was offered the position the next day by the same recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • ESI uses behavior based interview questions (tell me about a time you were put in "blank" situation and how did you deal with it). Go into your interview thinking about different situation you have been in with your prior/current work experience and be prepared to describe them.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate pay but was told that was not an option for this position. The recruiter told me that it is always important to ask because you never know what is available.