Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.7

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

HR from Head Quarter called to schedule an interview. Email received with detail info of company/ interview time/schedule/location. After interviews, HR notify acceptance with further pre-job orientation on company cultue/regulations. The whole process last about 1 week.

no negotiation of wages.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Hired out and started as a data entry tech /or pharm tech. Interview process wasnt too bad. It's was about 5 years ago and i have since then held multiple positins. The Likelihood of moving upward within the company is 90% chances.

Interview Questions
    • none, just the traditional tell me about a time when types of questions.   Answer Question
    none

Prior Authorization Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

It took me a long time to get an interview with ESI. After applying for this position online a recruiter contacted me a few days later and did a 15 min. phone interview asking about my self and a few behavior based interview questions. At the end the recruiter told me she would me to continue to the next round of interviews and we scheduled at the next opening I was available. My interview was all behavior based questions and I was offered the position the next day by the same recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • ESI uses behavior based interview questions (tell me about a time you were put in "blank" situation and how did you deal with it). Go into your interview thinking about different situation you have been in with your prior/current work experience and be prepared to describe them.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate pay but was told that was not an option for this position. The recruiter told me that it is always important to ask because you never know what is available.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Slow response and follow up.. I had to initiate next steps or inquire about the latest update. The process was not only painfully slow, but required many layers of interviews which lasted weeks in between.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unique, and interviewer said they are constantly running from call to call. Client meetings are done on the fly due to lack of time... I could sense the stress and imbalance in his voice.   View Answer

The interview process was terrible. It made me question the overall integrity of the company and how they conduct themselves.

Senior Manager - Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in April 2014.

SUPER haughty, SUPER unfriendly man in HR department called for my initial phone screening interview , told me nothing relative or relevant to the role as an external candidate and instead asked me 4-5 times what I wanted to know about the position. So, I led this interview with some of the questions I had prepared in advance. Basically this not-so-nice person acting like I was a bother and I felt as though he had something more important to do and like I was wasting his time.
    And I should mention that I obviously interview well, as I've since I have made it to third and fourth round interviews in other corp communications roles and have received offers from 2 other companies in the meantime. That's FOUR other companies for whom I was qualified enough to advance through their screening/interview process. I feel as though I may have dodged a bullet with this place. Ick.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was being asked the same question 4-5 times. I got no explanation of the position, the organizational structure, day to day responsibilities. Nothing. waste of time.   Answer Question

Senior Manager - Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express Scripts in April 2014.

I was contacted by phone to set up time for a phone interview with the recruiter. That interview discussed an overview of the job, my qualifications, and salary expectations. I was then called in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were professional and kind. The interview went well, but I did not hear back for more than a month. And then it was only a generic email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you like most about [present employer]'s culture?   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in April 2014.

Interview consisted of a preliminary phone interview followed by an on-site interview with my immediate supervisor. Questions were pretty standard and straightforward. Nothing too out there. Interviewers were courteous and professional throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about overcoming a challenge for your team that you aren't directly responsible for?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I first met with HR. Afterwards, I met with the senior attorney that I'd be working with. After that, I met with the General Counsel.

Network Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Job posted applied infernal. Received a call for resume review(screening). Was told I would get a call soon. A week later sent recruiter an email on estatus, to reply.Two weeks later got a call for face to face interview. Interview with Supervisor and Mánager. After Interview was told there would be another round of interviews with the Director which would be conducted the following week. After almost two weeks later sent another follow up email and was told the position was filled and the person accepted, no notice given to me that I was no longer considered.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Question about being a supervisor.   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Multiple interviews. All behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    Business gave a number and accept or do not