Express Scripts

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details – When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Interview Question – Job simulation type questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay not competitive

Valdosta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

Interview Details – The application process was long and the recruiter I talked to was very friendly. First interview was rescheduled a week before interview for the following month. I was early for my interview appointment and the company reps Doing the interviews were late. Interview itself went ok but in the end I was not hired. They went about it very unprofessionally and informed me I was not offered a position in front of other applicants.

Interview Question – Basically just situational questions based on experiences.   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2013.

Interview Details – Helped patients process and monitor their prescription orders. Offered prescription coverage and plan details to callers. Proactively offered and educated patients about the benefits of home delivery and plan changes.

Interview Question – Is this because of ObamaCare?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – do not go through with it, unless you have worked in a call center type environment and enjoyed it.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2013.

Interview Details – Someone from HR calls and gives you a brief overview of the position. Asks if you're still interested in the position and sets up the interview. Interview consists of about 4-5 STAR, behavioral questions. Once completed, they make the decision on the spot! Then they have you fill out tax forms and get copies of your ID and Social Security card. They also have you fill out a significant amount of paperwork about pay, training, hours you can work, time off, etc. After this process, they contact you via email to let you know the next steps. Seems like a great deal, but it took about an hour for me.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you had to evaluate a situation you didn't understand at first and what did you do to overcome that and what realization did you come to. (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details – Was hired within two weeks of applying. The process began with two assessments (personality and skills test). One phone interview and one face to face. It was really fast and easy!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected- Explain a time when you could not satisfy a customer. And they write down your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviewed at Express Scripts

Interview Details – There was one interview in a group and an assessment. Turn over is so high, they only hire in groups.

Interview Question – Questions were easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation take it or leave it

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, through their career website on a Saturday, Sunday got an email asking me to answer an online assessment. By Monday I got a call which resulted on a phone interview, scheduled on-site data entry and computer proficiency test, which was rather easy. I passed both test so I got a second interview right on the spot.

The interview consisted of situational questions. I had to describe specific situations, steps I took or how I managed it and what was the outcome. None of them where hard questions.

Interview Question – None of them where hard questions.
- Name a time when you set a goal for yourself, what you did to make it happen and what was the outcome? (the question was something like that)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They offered me a full-time position for more than what my current job was paying, plus good benefits. I accepted on the spot!

Very Easy Interview

Pueblo, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details – First of all I waited 50 minutes outside for someone to interview me, supposedly he was in a "meeting". The guy was nowhere close to being professional, he was dressed in street clothes. I was told that it was a professional office environment, what a joke. The interview took 5 minutes, I was as short as possible because i was tired of their lack of professionalism, I just wanted to get out asap. And I did, right when he said to wait outside for a recruiter, I left. I would never want to work for a company that is so unprofessional and unorganized.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2009.

Interview Details – This company pumps you up to believe that they really care about their customers. They do not. The claim to strive for 'first call resolution'. They do not. They stress 'empathy' but the word burns their tongue. If you stay on a call longer than 6 minutes you are penalized. There are many dissatisfied employees and even more dissatisfied customers,

Interview Question – In my exit interview I was asked to give a statement on the company. I told them I had far too much respect for the customers to treat them they way this company was asking me to. 'For Profit' Healthcare only cares about their bottom line and not the health of their customers or their employees.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any...it is a low paying call center job.

Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2012.

Interview Details – They'll ask you situational-type questions. What was the plan? What happened? Did it go as expected? What did you do to provide quality Customer Support? What would you do differently? Basically they want to know if you can: conform to service guidelines (don't give the customer the world), think quickly and for yourself, can handle a difficult customer and not loose your professionalism in the process.

Interview Question – Your degree is in an unrelated field. It seems like you started going down a certain path. What made you want to get into this field and why did you change your career goals?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – You took it or you didn't. There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!