Express Scripts Patient Care Advocate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Took a month with two assessments. Was granted an on site interview with two hiring managers. The in person interview was mostly Star type questions with a role playing a customer/advocate position. Little to no direction was given. Interview was basically a list of the job hours( full operating hours) and then asking questions about behavior. At the conclusion of the interview the hiring manager stated that she offered me a position with the call center and that my job offer letter would come via email on Friday. Friday came and went and no offer letter. Attempted to call hiring manager and rep has not returned any calls or emails. I am shocked by how little respect this company has for its word.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Express Scripts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Communicating only through email so far which is nice, as I usually am busy throughout the day and will miss calls. The emails also give 24 hours to finish a task, and they get back in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Only gotten through the assessments thus far. he only irritating part is answer the same questions several different times, as with most job assessments.   Answer Question
    actually still in the application process. A few weeks in. Seems promising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Pay not competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

The application process was long and the recruiter I talked to was very friendly. First interview was rescheduled a week before interview for the following month. I was early for my interview appointment and the company reps Doing the interviews were late. Interview itself went ok but in the end I was not hired. They went about it very unprofessionally and informed me I was not offered a position in front of other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Basically just situational questions based on experiences.   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2013.

Helped patients process and monitor their prescription orders. Offered prescription coverage and plan details to callers. Proactively offered and educated patients about the benefits of home delivery and plan changes.

Interview Questions
    do not go through with it, unless you have worked in a call center type environment and enjoyed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2013.

Someone from HR calls and gives you a brief overview of the position. Asks if you're still interested in the position and sets up the interview. Interview consists of about 4-5 STAR, behavioral questions. Once completed, they make the decision on the spot! Then they have you fill out tax forms and get copies of your ID and Social Security card. They also have you fill out a significant amount of paperwork about pay, training, hours you can work, time off, etc. After this process, they contact you via email to let you know the next steps. Seems like a great deal, but it took about an hour for me.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had to evaluate a situation you didn't understand at first and what did you do to overcome that and what realization did you come to. (something along those lines)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Was hired within two weeks of applying. The process began with two assessments (personality and skills test). One phone interview and one face to face. It was really fast and easy!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected- Explain a time when you could not satisfy a customer. And they write down your answers.   Answer Question
    none

Patient Care Advocate Interview

There was one interview in a group and an assessment. Turn over is so high, they only hire in groups.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2013.

I applied online, through their career website on a Saturday, Sunday got an email asking me to answer an online assessment. By Monday I got a call which resulted on a phone interview, scheduled on-site data entry and computer proficiency test, which was rather easy. I passed both test so I got a second interview right on the spot.

The interview consisted of situational questions. I had to describe specific situations, steps I took or how I managed it and what was the outcome. None of them where hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of them where hard questions.
      - Name a time when you set a goal for yourself, what you did to make it happen and what was the outcome? (the question was something like that)
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They offered me a full-time position for more than what my current job was paying, plus good benefits. I accepted on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Express Scripts.

First of all I waited 50 minutes outside for someone to interview me, supposedly he was in a "meeting". The guy was nowhere close to being professional, he was dressed in street clothes. I was told that it was a professional office environment, what a joke. The interview took 5 minutes, I was as short as possible because i was tired of their lack of professionalism, I just wanted to get out asap. And I did, right when he said to wait outside for a recruiter, I left. I would never want to work for a company that is so unprofessional and unorganized.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!