Express Scripts

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online; the process took 5 weeks. Interviewed at Express Scripts in 2010.
The same Human Resources employee conducted an initial phone screening and a second phone interview. The Dept. Manager interviewed me in person. No follow-up contact post interview. Weeks later, I received a better offer from a more professional company in the area.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in May 2010.

Interview Details – Intereviewer was focused on personality and how individuals would "fit in" the Express Scripts culture to get the work completed. Internal problems within company forced interviewers to get individuals on the staff that would "get along" with the problem individuals.

First few weeks were difficult as management is very hands off and does not guide/mentor you through the ridget processes that are somewhat cumbersome on line. Expectation - if you come in as a Senior level, you should know all. Not much interaction with management as a consultant.

Management is weak and lacked the vision of the executive level to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.

Interview Question – If you where given a 6 project behind schedule over budget and your were told you have to deliver no matter what, what would you do to tell management you are over budget and schedule and you'll deliver on time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Through a staffing agency

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was, I would say average. I was not very interested because when I got there, I was warned by certain people that this was not a great place to work. I heard it was very corrupt so I guess I sabotaged my very own interview because of all of these thoughts going through my head.

Interview Question – Tell me about your strengths   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2007.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews before my in-person interview. The same HR person conducted both of these phone interviews at different times. My Express Scripts experience started to sour the second I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. My HR contact could not even provide me the address of the location I was supposed to go to! Express Scripts had 7 locations in the Saint Louis area at that time and the location I was going to had just opened. Her exact words were “I think it’s just 1 Express Scripts Drive” Because the facility was brand new, I couldn’t locate “Express Scripts Drive” on any maps so I was relying on her directions. She promised me that the building was right by the highway and I could see it from the highway. She also told me to call her if I had problems and she would be more than happy to assist me. I leave the day of the interview, follow HR’s directions, and there’s no Express Scripts! I call my HR contact and guess what? Even though I talked to her the day before, she neglected to tell me she’s on vacation for a week starting the day of my interview. So after talking to an Express Scripts operator, I realize my HR contact gave me the worst directions EVER. Not only could she not give me the address of the building, but she told me the building was located by the WRONG highway. So, needless to say I’m ½ an hour late to my interview. To make matters worse, the building is practically vacant when I arrive and the manager I was supposed to meet with left work at 2, my interview was at 4. His assistant interviewed me for all of 2 minutes and I could tell was totally pissed having to stay there until 4:30 on a Friday. She even told me that in the summer everyone usually leaves around 3 (Then why the F*** was my interview at 4?). When I finally walked out of Express Scripts at 4:43 I was completely convinced that I would rather wait tables than work for Express Scripts. They must have read my mind because I never heard from them again. No phone call, no letter, nada. They are the only company I’ve ever “interviewed” with (I use that term lightly here) that I’ve never received any type of response from.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Express Scripts

Interview Details – Very professional and calculated.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!