Express Scripts

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Express Scripts.

I submitted my resume, had a short phone interview which I honestly don't remember, then was called in for an on-site interview. Had a pleasant and not particularly structured conversation with a manager there, who didn't seem to be very technical. Mostly just talked about myself and some of the projects I'd done, and showed interest in the work.

Interview Questions
  • I can't remember any specific questions. My advice would be to just seem to know what you're talking about, and that you can consider the technical implications of various things. You could probably BS your way through this interview if you were the MBA type.   Answer Question

Offered $16/hour with no housing, which pretty bad for a large company in software. I think they'll have a hard time attracting good engineers with this kind of compensation, as there are a lot of options out there. Also the work environment seemed a bit bleak, and I didn't get asked any technical questions. I didn't get the sense that I'd learn many useful skills there.