Express Scripts

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Phone Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied on a Tuesday, I believe, for a data entry position. I was contacted by a first recruiter the next day to go ahead and apply for a different position for Phone Pharmacy Technician. I didn't apply right away and was contacted the following day by another recruiter stating that the same position was available and that the data entry had filled up. It was nice of them to offer another position and for me not to have to search around for another once denied the first one.

I applied that Friday. Since I had already filled out the basic questionnaire I did not have to do it again. Recruiter #2 called me the following Monday asking me basic questions about my resume and telling me a little bit more about the job, salary, training, start dates, etc. We set up an interview for the following day (Tuesday).

After entering the office I was greeted by the Senior Staffing Coordinator. She was so nice and friendly. I was nervous but she made me comfortable. I sat down in the main lobby and did a typing test. She said I did great and then handed me a paper to look over while we waited for the interview to start. If you get there early enough, this paper basically has all of the questions they will ask you and is a good study guide. It at least gives you a good heads up to the type of questions (those behavioral ones) they will ask. We ended up waiting for 4 more girls and all went up together.

There was a panel of 6 people waiting for us in a conference room. Intimidating at first but they were all so nice and friendly. They went over the interview process. We took turns each going into an office with two or three of the Lead techs while the rest of us stayed in the conference room chatting. They did this to give us a break between questions which was very nice. Then we would switch out and go with the remaining techs the next round. That was it! I got a call THE SAME DAY telling me I was hired and just needed to complete a background check and drug test.

It was over all one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Dress professionally, be polite and remember to smile and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "give an example when" questions. Study your "START" interview questions and think of examples and you will be fine.

give an example when you had to keep track of many details in a changing environment (something along those lines...)

give an example when you had to deal with an angry customer. (what was the scenario, how did you deal with it and what was the end result?)

Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They start the techs out at 13 as a trainee. once you are certified they will bump you up to 14. After training I believe is when the benefits start.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Communicating only through email so far which is nice, as I usually am busy throughout the day and will miss calls. The emails also give 24 hours to finish a task, and they get back in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Only gotten through the assessments thus far. he only irritating part is answer the same questions several different times, as with most job assessments.   View Answer
    actually still in the application process. A few weeks in. Seems promising.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in March 2014.

One phone screening and a phone interview a few hours later.

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in September 2013.

Applied online, was contacted by HR via email a few days later and asked to take two assessment tests: one to test for job fit by asking behavioral/personality questions, and another to check typing speed and accuracy. Contacted the next day for an interview. Interview process involved being asked behavioral/situational questions regarding work contribution, repetitive tasks, flexibility, detail orientation, etc. by a rotating semi-panel of lead technicians and supervisors (two interviewers will ask the first three questions, then they'll hand you off to two different interviewers who will ask the next three questions). Apparently after this process, the interviewers will all get together and discuss the interviewees. Was contacted the next day with a job offer. All in all, a quick and straightforward hiring process: I applied online Sunday afternoon and was offered a job on Friday.

Lead Data Entry Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in March 2011.

I applied on the company's intranet site for a position. After submitting my resume online I was contacted via email for an initial interview with HR. After passing that interview I was scheduled for a 2nd one. The 2nd interview was done in person between myself, a supervisor, and a pharmacist.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts in February 2011.

Worst interview process I have ever been through. Company seems disorganized and unprofessional. Passed phone interview and then was scheduled for in-person interview. After first interview, didn't hear back for over a month even though I personally was following up with HR. Second interview, HR lady gave me their old building address. Needless to say I was in a panic, but was able to find the correct address and show up on time. After second interview, never heard from them again either way, despite following up.

Was angry at the time, but then realized that this would not be the kind of organization for which I would want to be employed.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in November 2009.

I had a phone interview, HR interview and then met with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst thing on your last performance review?   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2009.

I applied on the company's website for this position and was called by a recruiter within a few days to schedule an interview. The first step was to take a "Navitgation Test" , which consisted of navigating between application screens, entering data into various fields and following instructions. The second test consisted of listening to several simulated phone calls and entering data into a customer database.

Once I passed the tests, I met with a supervisor who asked about half a dozen "Describe a time when you...." questions, and told me about the work environment and duties of the PCA job. I then met with the recruiter again who told me that she would call me next week to officially offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to pursuade someone to do something that they didn't want to do. How did you convince them to do what you wanted?   Answer Question