Express

Updated Nov 21, 2014

1.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I applied and got a call about two weeks later, I had a group interview with 4 other girls. It was a very relaxed interview, there were no really difficult questions. I made sure that I dressed in more formal clothing. Overall, an easy interview. My only advice would be to just relax and be yourself, don't be afraid to talk and I would also ask questions towards the end so that it shows your interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Express in November 2014.

I completely stressed myself out beforehand for NO REASON. The manager that interviewed me was so nice and basically just went over the company's facts and goals, how busy the store is, etc.. And then just asked me basic questions about myself! I was offered the job and just have to wait for them to go over my references :)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in November 2014.

I applied online, completed an assessment, and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an interview with the co manager and with one other candidate (group interview). The questions were very general, Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store. She opened the floor for questions and asked for a reference. I had a reference page printed out for her and it was very helpful that I did when my first reference didnt answer she had two others to contact. She told us we have the opportunity to become permanent if we perform well and described the culture there. She informed us that she would be in contact with our references the next day and we would hear from her by the next two days. About 30 minutes after I left I received a call offering the position and scheduling orientation. I also wore the brand to the interview and she instantly recognized it as well as other associates in the store so I would wear it if you can. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I saw that the Express in my local mall was hiring for the season on snagajob. I applied on their site, and was contacted about 4 days after the submission to schedule a group interview. It was initially a little less than a week after the phone-call, but I had to end up rescheduling because one of the hiring managers got sick. When I did get there the day of the interview, I met one of the mangers, and then the other who I had spoken to on the phone. I was told that he was going to get the other interviewee, and then we would start. It was just two of us (a bit of a relief actually), and we were headed into a room with both of our applications on the table. As we sat down, the hiring manager asked us the basic questions (How are you guys doing today?), and jumped right into the questions. They were nothing major. After that, he asked each of us about availability and references (they actually do check them.) After that, he asked if we had any questions for him and I asked one about any difference in responsibilities between seasonal associate and part time associate. He answered that there wasn't, and proceeded to tell us additional information about how it's like before the storm (Black friday and Xmas.) He explained that there wouldn't be much hours before then, and that there wouldn't be an opportunity to cross-train since there wouldn't be enough time. He also explained to us that Express is a company that does cater to customers, but the main goal is to sell as much as possible! We would have to familiarize ourself with the different cuts of pants, and other stuff like that. He did talk about the process that follows after a job interview. Overall, he was nice and straightforward about how this isn't a job you should expect to make tons of money off of. He did tell us the starting wage (minimum wage, of course) and basically informed us on any information that was worth knowing. Interview took less than 30 minutes, and we were told he'd contact us before the week was over.

Interview Questions
    • Just your basic run of the mill questions (Do you have retail experience? Why do you want to work at Express? etc.)   View Answer

I had another job offer and felt I'd be more comfortable in that job environment.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Group interview with fairly easy typical questions.

Interview Questions

I found a better offer at another place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in November 2013.

2 Interviews Total - 1) Group interviews. Appearance, presentation, and basic knowledge of company is a must! 2) Brief one-on-one with store manager just to get to know your personality and common sense. Questions mostly about integrity, stealing, or possible challenges that may arise.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a customer is stealing? What to do if another employee is stealing? Would you report a manager that is stealing?   View Answer
    Offer depends on age, job experience, and references. Only varies from minimum wage up to $9.5 or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2013.

applied online and was called about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Had the interview on wednesday and it was a group interview but only one other person showed up. Questions were: tell me about yourself. why express? what were your duties at your last job? how do you handle difficult customers? 3 words that describe yourself? After the interview the manager pulled me aside and said she wanted to continue the process and asked for references. she called them the next day and offered me the job. so interview on wednesday, offered job on thursday and start orientation friday.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. offered min. wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in November 2012.

Submitted application online, heard back a few days later. Interview was with 5 other applicants. Store manager asked questions and we each took turns answering, basic questions such as Why Express?

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked to describe an experience when there was a conflict with a co-worker. That one threw me a bit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, however there was an option to be kept after holidays were over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in October 2012.

It was a group interview with about 5 or 6 of us. The manager asked us a few questions. "Tell me about yourself?" What's the most difficult situation you have been in with a customer and how did you resolve it? When your done answering questions she asks you to ask her questions.