Express

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I was contacted by the Store Manager for the initial interview, then my second interview was with the District Manager within the same week. I received a call with a job offer the following week.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Store Manager Interview

There is really not a specified interview guide for anyone on the management team. It was informal for the most part, and I had a very pleasant second interview with the regional director.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Met the DM at a coffee shop and talked - for the second interview with the Regional Manager it was a phone interview. They seemed really interested in what my current pay was- which is turns out is how they decide what to offer you - they just give you a couple extra thousand.

Interview Questions
    • I have a friend who is a DM with another company who is looking- if this doesn't work out would you like me to refer you to them?   Answer Question
    It was a new store opening and I was told there was no room for negotiation at that time but the salaries would be re-evaluated after the store actualized. (which was a lie- when I brought it up I was told "Well you accepted the offer so..."

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Express in April 2011.

Initial interview with District Manager, Second interview with the flagship Store Manager and third interview with the Regional Manager. Throughout the entire process I was well informed of next steps and very pleased with the level of communication during all of the interviews and follow up conversations. Each interview lasted between 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Express your confidence in your abilities, and focus on specific details of your experience and accomplishments and you will get very far in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you had to coach an employee who was not meeting sales goals, and what you did to bring that up to the level of success required for the position.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express in May 2009.

Day 1- Met with the Store Manager of the highest volume store
    Day 2- Met with the same SM and the District Manager

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate and inspire a team that doesn't seem to have passion for the business?   Answer Question

another offer