Express

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – There is really not a specified interview guide for anyone on the management team. It was informal for the most part, and I had a very pleasant second interview with the regional director.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Met the DM at a coffee shop and talked - for the second interview with the Regional Manager it was a phone interview. They seemed really interested in what my current pay was- which is turns out is how they decide what to offer you - they just give you a couple extra thousand.

Interview Question – I have a friend who is a DM with another company who is looking- if this doesn't work out would you like me to refer you to them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a new store opening and I was told there was no room for negotiation at that time but the salaries would be re-evaluated after the store actualized. (which was a lie- when I brought it up I was told "Well you accepted the offer so..."

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Express in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview with District Manager, Second interview with the flagship Store Manager and third interview with the Regional Manager. Throughout the entire process I was well informed of next steps and very pleased with the level of communication during all of the interviews and follow up conversations. Each interview lasted between 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Express your confidence in your abilities, and focus on specific details of your experience and accomplishments and you will get very far in the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific time when you had to coach an employee who was not meeting sales goals, and what you did to bring that up to the level of success required for the position.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express in May 2009.

Interview Details – Day 1- Met with the Store Manager of the highest volume store
Day 2- Met with the same SM and the District Manager

Interview Question – How do you motivate and inspire a team that doesn't seem to have passion for the business?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another offer

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!