ExpressJet Airlines

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted the online application in mid May 2014, received a face-to-face interview invite email during the first week of June, received flight itinerary to Houston, TX a couple of days prior to interview, had interview mid June and received a "thanks but no thanks" email at the end of June. Learned a lot about the company during the interview orientation; not very appealing. The company expects a huge sacrifice from flight attendants but offer very minimal in return. You must pay for your uniforms, you can't work any additional lines during your first year (to try to earn a living because the pay is low), you're on-call the entire month, unpaid training for 4 weeks (they take care of housing but you must purchase your food) and you'll be based outside of your home state (which is fine unless you're based in a high cost of living state i.e. NY). The orientation left you thinking "I can't afford this job".

Interview Question – The questions weren't that difficult. Simple questions like explain a time when you had to make a decision without your supervisor's instructions or approval.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was flown into houston for an interview and was first in a group presentation and then was given an index card with a question and called up in alphabetical order to introduce ourselves and read and answer our questions, they are looking for the way you present and articulate your self. Then you are taken in to another room to fill out the 10 year work history (have this information on another piece of paper will prepare you to fill this out), then you are called 1 at at time for a 2 on 1 interview. You are then at that time told you will be contact in 2 weeks or ask to go for further processing (drug testing and fingerprinting)

Interview Question – Why do you feel you can be a qualified candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Get the invitation to interview
2. Fly to the interview according to the date they give you.
3. Check-in (DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN)
4. Have your 2 resumes and 2 forms of photo identification.
5. Be informed about the company via PowerPoint.
6. Be prepared to be handed a random question to answer regarding the Flight Attendant Profession.
7. Be escorted as a group to the lunch room to eat and fill out a 10 yr. work history form.
8. Get called back individually for a 2:1 interview.
9. Fingerprints, Background Paper work, and sent to do a drug test if chosen for the "next step".
10. Play the waiting game to hear testing and background results without biting your nails off. 3-5 business days for the results, no news is good news from testing/background facilities. Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for official non-paid training invitation. I'm constantly checking my email over and over but I'm becoming concerned as to why I haven't heard back yet. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it sure does feel like it.

Interview Question – What would be the most challenging aspect of being a Flight Attendant   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything. The key is to be as flexible as possible, and when I go to training, I will then specify the location, but be prepared to not get that location.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely easy! I really enjoyed the atmosphere, everybody I came into contact with at ExpressJet Airlines were remarkably nice! About 10 of us sat in the break room and waited for the senior recruiter to come get us, when she came in, she introduced herself and she called us one by one to submit 2 copies of our passports and driver license. When that was finished we all went to another room where other flight attendants were waiting for us, they introduced themselves and showed us a short film on some of the history of the company. When that was over, one recruiter passed out a deck of cards and we all picked one card, we had to stand up and introduce ourselves and read what was on the card. I believe they wanted to see how well you spoke in front of others, along with good eye contact, and correct grammar. After that process we were taken to another break room area and we were asked to be patient cause this was the 2 on 1 interview section. I can only speak from my point of view on this section, I was asked about 6 or 7 questions, (which were so easy) one of the questions was why is the flight attendant's role important, and when is it a good time to break company policy, and easy questions like that! After the questions were over, they did ask me to stand outside the room, in about 5 minutes one of the recruiters asked me to come back in, they offered me the position!!!!!! I was so overjoyed cause I've been trying since 2007 with other airlines but on May 27,2014 it happened for me with ExpressJet Airline! I'm now preparing for up and coming training at the end of June!

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions asked at least not in my opinion!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation it is what it is!!! Work your way up the ladder! It will be rewarding!

Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an invitation to interview for May 1 but could not attend. Requested for future date if possible. Received email for 2nd invite for May 22. Travel arrangements were made by them and when I got off the plane I waited on a shuttle van to take me to the training center. Arrive, introduce yourself and meet everyone else that's also there for interviews in the building lobby. Your passport, ID's and 2 copies of Resume are collected. Everyone is escorted to another room where they give a presentation about the position and the company then you are given a flash card with a scenario to explain or a question to answer. You go up introduce yourself once again to everyone and there are 6 recruiting members at the back of the room taking notes, explain your scenario or answer the question. Taken to a break room to fill out a 10yr background of prior employment and education form. Called in for 2 on 1 interview. I didn't make it pass this step. I was then asked to wait for the shuttle van to take me back to the airport :'( I was really disappointed at this point because boyyyyyyyy did I want this job but from what everyone else had stated if at this point you are told to go do your drug testing and fingerprints you were hired. I thought I was dressed the most professional. I thought my introduction and question was perfect. I was super confident. I was the only one who thanked the recruiting team for flying me out and giving me an opportunity that day. I guess my 2 on 1 interview was not what they were looking for or they need to fill a certain quota or looking for a different type of person. It shocked me to hear the people that actually were told to go for drug testing and fingerprints but hey I guess it wasn't my day. Overall I would do it all over again. Very nice recruiting team. So down to earth and super friendly. No regrets. Just saddened I wasn't chosen.

Interview Question – In your opinion what is a Flight Attendant main priority?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – May 1st ~ Invited to ExpressJet Interview in Houston (ExpressJet does pay for flight)
May 20th ~ Interview Session started at 10am
It was a group of about 50 people. We watched a presentation and 2 recruiters also presented information about the company and about the role of a flight attendant. They made it clear that they are nothing like the "stand up comedian" airlines (obviously referring to Southwest), although they were all very nice, funny and personable. After the presentation, cards were passed out to each person with either a question about yourself or a flight attendant scenario situation. Each person was required to go to the front and introduce yourself and state where you were from and then answer the question on the card. Afterwards, there was a short break and everyone was moved into the lunchroom to wait for their panel interview (2 on 1). This process can take a very long time depending on when you are called. Spend this time talking and getting to know other people. Do not be negative about anything. Although there are not people with clipboards walking around (as in Delta, AA and US Airways interviews), people are walking through and there could possibly be surveillance, so consider this also part of your interview process. This does not mean be fake, but just be your best self :-) Once called into the panel interview, it was a pretty straight forward question-answer type scenario. "What job have you liked the least?". "Are you available to work any time and at any base assigned?", "Tell us about a time you had a conflict with your co-worker and how you handled it". "When do you think it would be appropriate to not follow company policy?" (always answer never). There were about 5 questions. They will then tell you to wait in a chair in the hallway while they deliberate. When they come out, you will either be asked to have your fingerprints taken and a drug test (which means you are moving forward) or you will be told that they will contact you within two weeks (which USUALLY...not ALWAYS means this is where the journey ends and you will receive a TBNT aka Thanks But No Thanks email within two weeks). If you are told they will contact you within two weeks, you will head outside to catch the "Shuttle of Shame" back to the airport and start preparing for your next interview with the next airline.
May 28th ~ Received my TBNT email

This was a very friendly and relaxed interview. Probably one of the easiest and casual interviews I have attended. I know where I made my mistakes and I know where I was able to shine. Make sure you study the culture and values so you can integrate them into your panel interview. Be prepared with our scenario stories.

Interview Question – What has been your least favorite job in the past.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in March 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process was fairly easy but it was a long day. I was interviewed by one person and they liked me so I had to do a second interview with another person. They basically just asked standard interview questions. Overall they were looking for people that had a great attitude.I was interviewed, fingerprinted and hired the same day.

Interview Question – I cannot remember but it was just standard interview questions. They were mostly just interested in the applicant's personality and did not ask anything too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was interviewed and fingerprinted and hired the same day.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied twice online within a months time. I received the invitation the open house event in ATL on May 5 and the open house was on May 12th at 9:30am. Arrived, checked in at security then we were escorted to the cafeteria where we waited for 4 flight attendants to arrive. They called us up one by one to check our ID's and high school transcripts if you had them. Also, they asked for 2 resumes at this point. Once everyone was checked in, they escorted us to 3rd floor where we all met up with 2 other nice flight attendants in the conference room. The flight attendants introduced themselves at this point. A presentation was given on the company and we were allowed to take notes. Then the nice guy and lady passed out some cards with scenarios and questions on them (you will have one or the other). We were then called in ABC order to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer the question. This is your time to shine right here and make eye contact and be yourself. Don't be someone you're not because they can tell right off. Be NATURAL and smile!! The recruiters (FA's) were in the back of the room jotting down stuff as we spoke, each one jotted something down. We were then escorted to the 2nd floor where they took us to a break room where we had to wait to be called for our two on one interviews. Everyone had a two on one interview. The recruiter comes and get 3 at a time and takes you back up to the 3rd floor into another break room where we simply wait to be called. After they sit you down in there, the FA comes back and calls your name and walks you to the interview room where the interview begins. It's a two on one interview and it's very laid back and not stressful. They simply ask you questions off a paper and none of it was STAR format questions. Be yourself here and if there is anything else you feel they should know, here is your time to shine again. At the end of the interview after they asked me if I had any questions, I was told that I would be moving forward in the next step of the process. I was then handed a packet of paperwork to fill out and take to the building across the street where you do your fingerprints at and get your drug test paperwork. Arrive at the building across the street and was taken to the back to do fingerprints and I received the info to do my drug test which was only 5 minutes away at Concentra. Also, they go over the paperwork with you and tell you that it normally takes 48 hours to get everything back. Once everything comes back, you will receive an email from Inflight Recruiting stating welcome and it will include you training date. That's all I know for now. I haven't went further to receive my email yet. But be yourself and dress nice and make sure you follow the dress code they email to you in the invitation email.

Interview Question – What is a professional trait that you're weak at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Training is unpaid. You receive conditional job offer if they like you at the interview.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied 4/18/14, invite to info session 4/22/14, attended session 5/5/14. Was given conditional offer and sent for drug screen and fingerprinting same day as session. Interview process was very laid back and I was made to feel very comfortable just being myself around the wonderful recruiting staff. They gave a very informative power point and then we all (12 of us) introduced ourselves and gave a fun fact about ourselves - make it fun - don't try to say what you THINK they want to hear. Be honest.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of it very difficult. Just be honest and be yourself. They really make you feel welcome and at home.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it. ;)

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Timeline:

3/14/14 - Applied online
3/20/14 - F2F Open House Invitation - ATL
4/2/14 - Open House, One on One Interview -- Sent to HR for background, fingerprinting, drug test
4/2/14 - Training Offer Email - Houston, TX

I loved the XJT interviewing process. It was about 12-15 people total at my open house. We waited in break area & were then greeted by 2 XJT FAs. Once the check in process was over we were taken to a meeting room and met up with 2 other flight attendants who were also a part of the recruiting team. The gave a nice PPT presentation on XJT and you can take notes for questions later on if you'd like. Once the presentation was over we were all given a card with either a FA scenario or general question for personal intros. (Name, fun fact about yourself, scenario/question) This is really your first time to shine, so make sure you speak with conviction and take your time. After the personal intros, we were taken into another break room where they would begin to break us off for the one on one interviews. The interview was very simple. They look at your resume, ask general questions about your background, why XJT, or what interests you about being a FA. They also ask about your comfort level with relocation, you definitely want to be open. As with most airlines, there is no hiring on the spot but if selected, you will receive a conditional job offer.

Interview Question – If you don't have experience in the aviation industry, what might be difficult for you? (Definitely was not worded like that)   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No Neg.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExpressJet Airlines

Worked for ExpressJet Airlines? Contribute to the Community!