ExpressJet Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.6

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was amazing a very down to earthling with professionalism shown in there staff. When I walked in the hiring department collected a copy of my passport, and resume. We sat down for a short video as the trainer went through pertinent information about the company and benefits of being an employee at ExpressJet. There was no need for them to tell us that they are family oriented because that was shown in there actions. Amazing!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Flight Attendent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExpressJet Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

When I first applied, it was in December2014. I gotten an email Feb.2015 regarding an open house/interview. First you'd sign in and then they take everyone to room to discuss flight attendant duties as well as the company and then one by one F2F interviews. Much so very relaxing thru it all.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to this company?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

Interview

I applied on December 17, 2014 online.
    Today I recieved a email January 9, 2015 for F2F. I email back with information they needed from me and I am waiting To hear. The process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendent?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line October 2014. Was called in for an interview January 2015.
    One of the best interviews I've been to. The entire process was fun and they made us all feel at ease. As described in the previous posts pretty straight forward. A presentation of the company, then we each get up answer a question from the note card. Afterwards we get ready for individual interviews. I received a CJO and was finger printed and drug tested all in the same day.
    Again a great experience. The recruiters are friendly and you can tell they enjoy their job. Looking forward to my future with XJT.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty easy, they gave each of us a scenario situation and we had to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer and then tell our scenario and give our answer to what is said. After that we had a face to face with two people. I wasn't too nervous and I was able to be myself.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in July 2014.

Interview

5/4/14 Applied for FA poistion
    5/14/14 Recevied interview Invite for June 5th interview session
    6/5/14 FLIGHT CANCELED/INTERVIEW RESCHEDULED.
    6/19/14 Interviewed in Houston. Offered a CJO (Conditional Job Offer)
    6/25/14 Recieved training date email
    7/25/14 Training Begins!

The interview was really fun. Once everyone is there we line up and hand in our required documents and have a seat. They start with a presentation of facts about the airline such as pay rate, benefits, programs etc. Next we are givien senerio cards and in alphabetical order we each stand up say our name and hometown, read our card and give a response to the senerio. After everyone has went we are escorted to the cafeteria to eat and fill out our 10 yr employment background sheet. From there the interviewers call each candidate back one by one in no special order. If they ask you to have a seat outside the door and wait you may be receving a CJO. If not you will be asked to wait in the lobby for the shuttle back to the airport.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either you can handle it or you can't.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Was flown into houston for an interview and was first in a group presentation and then was given an index card with a question and called up in alphabetical order to introduce ourselves and read and answer our questions, they are looking for the way you present and articulate your self. Then you are taken in to another room to fill out the 10 year work history (have this information on another piece of paper will prepare you to fill this out), then you are called 1 at at time for a 2 on 1 interview. You are then at that time told you will be contact in 2 weeks or ask to go for further processing (drug testing and fingerprinting)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted the online application in mid May 2014, received a face-to-face interview invite email during the first week of June, received flight itinerary to Houston, TX a couple of days prior to interview, had interview mid June and received a "thanks but no thanks" email at the end of June. Learned a lot about the company during the interview orientation; not very appealing. The company expects a huge sacrifice from flight attendants but offer very minimal in return. You must pay for your uniforms, you can't work any additional lines during your first year (to try to earn a living because the pay is low), you're on-call the entire month, unpaid training for 4 weeks (they take care of housing but you must purchase your food) and you'll be based outside of your home state (which is fine unless you're based in a high cost of living state i.e. NY). The orientation left you thinking "I can't afford this job".

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that difficult. Simple questions like explain a time when you had to make a decision without your supervisor's instructions or approval.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

1. Get the invitation to interview
    2. Fly to the interview according to the date they give you.
    3. Check-in (DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN)
    4. Have your 2 resumes and 2 forms of photo identification.
    5. Be informed about the company via PowerPoint.
    6. Be prepared to be handed a random question to answer regarding the Flight Attendant Profession.
    7. Be escorted as a group to the lunch room to eat and fill out a 10 yr. work history form.
    8. Get called back individually for a 2:1 interview.
    9. Fingerprints, Background Paper work, and sent to do a drug test if chosen for the "next step".
    10. Play the waiting game to hear testing and background results without biting your nails off. 3-5 business days for the results, no news is good news from testing/background facilities. Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for official non-paid training invitation. I'm constantly checking my email over and over but I'm becoming concerned as to why I haven't heard back yet. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it sure does feel like it.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging aspect of being a Flight Attendant   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. The key is to be as flexible as possible, and when I go to training, I will then specify the location, but be prepared to not get that location.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an invitation to interview for May 1 but could not attend. Requested for future date if possible. Received email for 2nd invite for May 22. Travel arrangements were made by them and when I got off the plane I waited on a shuttle van to take me to the training center. Arrive, introduce yourself and meet everyone else that's also there for interviews in the building lobby. Your passport, ID's and 2 copies of Resume are collected. Everyone is escorted to another room where they give a presentation about the position and the company then you are given a flash card with a scenario to explain or a question to answer. You go up introduce yourself once again to everyone and there are 6 recruiting members at the back of the room taking notes, explain your scenario or answer the question. Taken to a break room to fill out a 10yr background of prior employment and education form. Called in for 2 on 1 interview. I didn't make it pass this step. I was then asked to wait for the shuttle van to take me back to the airport :'( I was really disappointed at this point because boyyyyyyyy did I want this job but from what everyone else had stated if at this point you are told to go do your drug testing and fingerprints you were hired. I thought I was dressed the most professional. I thought my introduction and question was perfect. I was super confident. I was the only one who thanked the recruiting team for flying me out and giving me an opportunity that day. I guess my 2 on 1 interview was not what they were looking for or they need to fill a certain quota or looking for a different type of person. It shocked me to hear the people that actually were told to go for drug testing and fingerprints but hey I guess it wasn't my day. Overall I would do it all over again. Very nice recruiting team. So down to earth and super friendly. No regrets. Just saddened I wasn't chosen.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what is a Flight Attendant main priority?   Answer Question