ExpressJet Airlines

Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

The interview process was actually pretty easy, they gave each of us a scenario situation and we had to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer and then tell our scenario and give our answer to what is said. After that we had a face to face with two people. I wasn't too nervous and I was able to be myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

1. Get the invitation to interview
    2. Fly to the interview according to the date they give you.
    3. Check-in (DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN)
    4. Have your 2 resumes and 2 forms of photo identification.
    5. Be informed about the company via PowerPoint.
    6. Be prepared to be handed a random question to answer regarding the Flight Attendant Profession.
    7. Be escorted as a group to the lunch room to eat and fill out a 10 yr. work history form.
    8. Get called back individually for a 2:1 interview.
    9. Fingerprints, Background Paper work, and sent to do a drug test if chosen for the "next step".
    10. Play the waiting game to hear testing and background results without biting your nails off. 3-5 business days for the results, no news is good news from testing/background facilities. Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for official non-paid training invitation. I'm constantly checking my email over and over but I'm becoming concerned as to why I haven't heard back yet. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it sure does feel like it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging aspect of being a Flight Attendant   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate anything. The key is to be as flexible as possible, and when I go to training, I will then specify the location, but be prepared to not get that location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Was flown into houston for an interview and was first in a group presentation and then was given an index card with a question and called up in alphabetical order to introduce ourselves and read and answer our questions, they are looking for the way you present and articulate your self. Then you are taken in to another room to fill out the 10 year work history (have this information on another piece of paper will prepare you to fill this out), then you are called 1 at at time for a 2 on 1 interview. You are then at that time told you will be contact in 2 weeks or ask to go for further processing (drug testing and fingerprinting)

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted the online application in mid May 2014, received a face-to-face interview invite email during the first week of June, received flight itinerary to Houston, TX a couple of days prior to interview, had interview mid June and received a "thanks but no thanks" email at the end of June. Learned a lot about the company during the interview orientation; not very appealing. The company expects a huge sacrifice from flight attendants but offer very minimal in return. You must pay for your uniforms, you can't work any additional lines during your first year (to try to earn a living because the pay is low), you're on-call the entire month, unpaid training for 4 weeks (they take care of housing but you must purchase your food) and you'll be based outside of your home state (which is fine unless you're based in a high cost of living state i.e. NY). The orientation left you thinking "I can't afford this job".

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't that difficult. Simple questions like explain a time when you had to make a decision without your supervisor's instructions or approval.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

May 1st ~ Invited to ExpressJet Interview in Houston (ExpressJet does pay for flight)
    May 20th ~ Interview Session started at 10am
    It was a group of about 50 people. We watched a presentation and 2 recruiters also presented information about the company and about the role of a flight attendant. They made it clear that they are nothing like the "stand up comedian" airlines (obviously referring to Southwest), although they were all very nice, funny and personable. After the presentation, cards were passed out to each person with either a question about yourself or a flight attendant scenario situation. Each person was required to go to the front and introduce yourself and state where you were from and then answer the question on the card. Afterwards, there was a short break and everyone was moved into the lunchroom to wait for their panel interview (2 on 1). This process can take a very long time depending on when you are called. Spend this time talking and getting to know other people. Do not be negative about anything. Although there are not people with clipboards walking around (as in Delta, AA and US Airways interviews), people are walking through and there could possibly be surveillance, so consider this also part of your interview process. This does not mean be fake, but just be your best self :-) Once called into the panel interview, it was a pretty straight forward question-answer type scenario. "What job have you liked the least?". "Are you available to work any time and at any base assigned?", "Tell us about a time you had a conflict with your co-worker and how you handled it". "When do you think it would be appropriate to not follow company policy?" (always answer never). There were about 5 questions. They will then tell you to wait in a chair in the hallway while they deliberate. When they come out, you will either be asked to have your fingerprints taken and a drug test (which means you are moving forward) or you will be told that they will contact you within two weeks (which USUALLY...not ALWAYS means this is where the journey ends and you will receive a TBNT aka Thanks But No Thanks email within two weeks). If you are told they will contact you within two weeks, you will head outside to catch the "Shuttle of Shame" back to the airport and start preparing for your next interview with the next airline.
    May 28th ~ Received my TBNT email

This was a very friendly and relaxed interview. Probably one of the easiest and casual interviews I have attended. I know where I made my mistakes and I know where I was able to shine. Make sure you study the culture and values so you can integrate them into your panel interview. Be prepared with our scenario stories.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your least favorite job in the past.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in October 2013.

After driving 5.5 hours from Louisiana to Houston and back, I was so tired and disappointed of ExpressJet interviewers. They were so unconsidered because they called too many people at the same time, second, ExpressJet gave you a review of the company on the first part of the interview, so they miss up your preparation and questions that you had to ask for the interview leaving you without any questions to ask , third, they made you wait in the waiting room or snack room without even offer you a coke for eight or nine hours without being able to go to the bathroom because you think they may call you while you go, and fourth, ExpressJet do not have in consideration that you come from a different state and you have to go back after the interview. Nine hours where you lost your ability of responding the interview questions, tired to be the last person to be called.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers did not know how to answer my questions such " what is the company's management style?...interviews look at each other without knowing what to say and said"expressJet does not have one". In my opinion every company have a management style. Now, I asked myself : " how expressJet expects you to answer their questions where the people they had as interviewers did not know how to answer my questions????   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

Pretty Straight Forward for an airline interview. First you sign in. Then they have a presentation about the company. Then everyone introduces their self. Following introductions everyone is called in one at a time to interview with an interviewer, who is a flight attendant, and someone from HR. After that they either send you to another room to do paperwork and then get a drug test or send you back to the airport saying they will email you when they decide whether to offer you a position. As with most airline interviews if you aren't offered a place in training on the spot you haven't been selected and you can reapply in 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any questions being very hard. They did try to paint a very bleak future at the company, I imagine to dissuade me from accepting a position if I was just going to flake. I remained positive and I was offered a job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in April 2012.

The interview is a day long process. You start with picking a card out of a stack that describes a situation you would encounter as a flight attendant. You then stand in front of the other 40-some applicants for that interview and introduce yourself and explain how you would handle that situation as described on your card. Next step is the two-on-one interviews where they ask around five or six questions, particularly relating to whether you are willing to relocate to any of their bases.

Interview Questions
    • Situation: If you were working and there was a passenger complaining about sitting next to someone of a different race, how would you handle it?   View Answers (2)

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in October 2011.

I was hired on initially as a temp, then got hired on. Most people get on through temp agencies. Interviewing processes can vary based on what department you are applying for; it may be a panel interview or just you and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Those behavior question curve balls! I was asked "why is the sky blue" ?   View Answer
    negotiate if you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in March 2010.

The Interview process was fairly easy but it was a long day. I was interviewed by one person and they liked me so I had to do a second interview with another person. They basically just asked standard interview questions. Overall they were looking for people that had a great attitude.I was interviewed, fingerprinted and hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember but it was just standard interview questions. They were mostly just interested in the applicant's personality and did not ask anything too difficult.   Answer Question
    was interviewed and fingerprinted and hired the same day.