ExpressJet Airlines

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.4

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in November 2014.

First is the Company presentation, then a 40 question ATP written, next a paragraph about Aviation topic. 2-1 HR/Technical session is next. The guys are Pilots too, straight forward. If you're selected, they'll send you across the street for fingerprinting & then a drug-screen. No Sim test.

Seems like a good place to work, modern fleet.

Interview Questions

Competitive offer from smaller airline with better upgrade prospect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

The interview process was actually pretty easy, they gave each of us a scenario situation and we had to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer and then tell our scenario and give our answer to what is said. After that we had a face to face with two people. I wasn't too nervous and I was able to be myself.

Crew Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

They were CONSTANTLY hiring schedulers. The turnover rate was very high. It's a fast paced job with a bit of stress (for not high pay).
    But, the interview was very laid back and relaxed. Typical interview questions like "how did you deal with an unexpected problem" or "tell me about a time when you resolved an argument"
    The job was a thank-less and lots of problem solving, but if you're looking for an entry job into the airline business, this is a good way to start.

Shift work given out based on seniority, you will probably end up with a shift you don't like at first, but it doesn't take long to move up and bid for better slots.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with office gossip? That one was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.

A&P Mechanic Interview

You need an A&P certificate. It is helpful if you have experience, but not a requirement. Able to work long hours if needed. If you get a offer, make sure you have your A&P license. Be prepare to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. The fingerprint so you can be cleared by TSA to work at the airport.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to take a mechanic's test to see how math and science you know.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in July 2014.

5/4/14 Applied for FA poistion
    5/14/14 Recevied interview Invite for June 5th interview session
    6/5/14 FLIGHT CANCELED/INTERVIEW RESCHEDULED.
    6/19/14 Interviewed in Houston. Offered a CJO (Conditional Job Offer)
    6/25/14 Recieved training date email
    7/25/14 Training Begins!

The interview was really fun. Once everyone is there we line up and hand in our required documents and have a seat. They start with a presentation of facts about the airline such as pay rate, benefits, programs etc. Next we are givien senerio cards and in alphabetical order we each stand up say our name and hometown, read our card and give a response to the senerio. After everyone has went we are escorted to the cafeteria to eat and fill out our 10 yr employment background sheet. From there the interviewers call each candidate back one by one in no special order. If they ask you to have a seat outside the door and wait you may be receving a CJO. If not you will be asked to wait in the lobby for the shuttle back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Either you can handle it or you can't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

1. Get the invitation to interview
    2. Fly to the interview according to the date they give you.
    3. Check-in (DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN)
    4. Have your 2 resumes and 2 forms of photo identification.
    5. Be informed about the company via PowerPoint.
    6. Be prepared to be handed a random question to answer regarding the Flight Attendant Profession.
    7. Be escorted as a group to the lunch room to eat and fill out a 10 yr. work history form.
    8. Get called back individually for a 2:1 interview.
    9. Fingerprints, Background Paper work, and sent to do a drug test if chosen for the "next step".
    10. Play the waiting game to hear testing and background results without biting your nails off. 3-5 business days for the results, no news is good news from testing/background facilities. Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for official non-paid training invitation. I'm constantly checking my email over and over but I'm becoming concerned as to why I haven't heard back yet. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it sure does feel like it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging aspect of being a Flight Attendant   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate anything. The key is to be as flexible as possible, and when I go to training, I will then specify the location, but be prepared to not get that location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Was flown into houston for an interview and was first in a group presentation and then was given an index card with a question and called up in alphabetical order to introduce ourselves and read and answer our questions, they are looking for the way you present and articulate your self. Then you are taken in to another room to fill out the 10 year work history (have this information on another piece of paper will prepare you to fill this out), then you are called 1 at at time for a 2 on 1 interview. You are then at that time told you will be contact in 2 weeks or ask to go for further processing (drug testing and fingerprinting)

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted the online application in mid May 2014, received a face-to-face interview invite email during the first week of June, received flight itinerary to Houston, TX a couple of days prior to interview, had interview mid June and received a "thanks but no thanks" email at the end of June. Learned a lot about the company during the interview orientation; not very appealing. The company expects a huge sacrifice from flight attendants but offer very minimal in return. You must pay for your uniforms, you can't work any additional lines during your first year (to try to earn a living because the pay is low), you're on-call the entire month, unpaid training for 4 weeks (they take care of housing but you must purchase your food) and you'll be based outside of your home state (which is fine unless you're based in a high cost of living state i.e. NY). The orientation left you thinking "I can't afford this job".

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't that difficult. Simple questions like explain a time when you had to make a decision without your supervisor's instructions or approval.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Applied 4/18/14, invite to info session 4/22/14, attended session 5/5/14. Was given conditional offer and sent for drug screen and fingerprinting same day as session. Interview process was very laid back and I was made to feel very comfortable just being myself around the wonderful recruiting staff. They gave a very informative power point and then we all (12 of us) introduced ourselves and gave a fun fact about ourselves - make it fun - don't try to say what you THINK they want to hear. Be honest.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of it very difficult. Just be honest and be yourself. They really make you feel welcome and at home.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it. ;)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in May 2014.

Applied twice online within a months time. I received the invitation the open house event in ATL on May 5 and the open house was on May 12th at 9:30am. Arrived, checked in at security then we were escorted to the cafeteria where we waited for 4 flight attendants to arrive. They called us up one by one to check our ID's and high school transcripts if you had them. Also, they asked for 2 resumes at this point. Once everyone was checked in, they escorted us to 3rd floor where we all met up with 2 other nice flight attendants in the conference room. The flight attendants introduced themselves at this point. A presentation was given on the company and we were allowed to take notes. Then the nice guy and lady passed out some cards with scenarios and questions on them (you will have one or the other). We were then called in ABC order to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer the question. This is your time to shine right here and make eye contact and be yourself. Don't be someone you're not because they can tell right off. Be NATURAL and smile!! The recruiters (FA's) were in the back of the room jotting down stuff as we spoke, each one jotted something down. We were then escorted to the 2nd floor where they took us to a break room where we had to wait to be called for our two on one interviews. Everyone had a two on one interview. The recruiter comes and get 3 at a time and takes you back up to the 3rd floor into another break room where we simply wait to be called. After they sit you down in there, the FA comes back and calls your name and walks you to the interview room where the interview begins. It's a two on one interview and it's very laid back and not stressful. They simply ask you questions off a paper and none of it was STAR format questions. Be yourself here and if there is anything else you feel they should know, here is your time to shine again. At the end of the interview after they asked me if I had any questions, I was told that I would be moving forward in the next step of the process. I was then handed a packet of paperwork to fill out and take to the building across the street where you do your fingerprints at and get your drug test paperwork. Arrive at the building across the street and was taken to the back to do fingerprints and I received the info to do my drug test which was only 5 minutes away at Concentra. Also, they go over the paperwork with you and tell you that it normally takes 48 hours to get everything back. Once everything comes back, you will receive an email from Inflight Recruiting stating welcome and it will include you training date. That's all I know for now. I haven't went further to receive my email yet. But be yourself and dress nice and make sure you follow the dress code they email to you in the invitation email.

Interview Questions
    • What is a professional trait that you're weak at?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Training is unpaid. You receive conditional job offer if they like you at the interview.