Extend Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Advisor Interview

Benefits Advisor
South Jordan, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Extend Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was hardly an interview; I was just introduced to the job and told what my duties would be. The screening process Extend Health uses is the insurance licensing test for Utah. If you are able to pass that and pass the criminal background check, then you have the job.

The insurance exam is not super easy. There were several coworkers of mine who had to retake the test. It isn't necessarily difficult, though. Just watch the videos and do everything you're supposed to and you'll be fine.

Negotiation Details – Wages can't be negotiated for an entry-level benefits adviser. But they are really good. You get to bid for your shift later on. You'll probably keep that shift for the rest of the season.

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Extend Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – Email offer, interview then confirmation letter.

Interview Question – What do you know about Medicare products?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There does not appear to be any negotiations regarding hourly rate.

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Extend Health in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple as long as you pass the background check. You do have to pass a state licensing test for health and life insurance as well and that is what people have problems with.

Interview Question – No questions asked   Answer Question

South Jordan, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Extend Health in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1st and only question, " Tell me about yourself!" yup thats it. if you pass the background screening and the state test you are HIRED

Negotiation Details – no

South Jordan, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Extend Health in August 2009.

Interview Details – A recruiter called and scheduled an interview with me. I went and completed the one on one interview which was standard. Job was offered on the spot. The workspace was clean and professional. The people were all nice. After working there for a while, they cut a few benefits that they had offered and tried to make it sound like they had never offered them.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Extend Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Extend Health Benefit Advisor interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Extend Health employees and interview candidates.