Extend Health

1.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Extend Health in August 2013.

The interview was hardly an interview; I was just introduced to the job and told what my duties would be. The screening process Extend Health uses is the insurance licensing test for Utah. If you are able to pass that and pass the criminal background check, then you have the job.

The insurance exam is not super easy. There were several coworkers of mine who had to retake the test. It isn't necessarily difficult, though. Just watch the videos and do everything you're supposed to and you'll be fine.

Wages can't be negotiated for an entry-level benefits adviser. But they are really good. You get to bid for your shift later on. You'll probably keep that shift for the rest of the season.

Other Interview Reviews for Extend Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Extend Health in June 2013.

Email offer, interview then confirmation letter.

Interview Questions
    There does not appear to be any negotiations regarding hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Extend Health in August 2012.

Very simple as long as you pass the background check. You do have to pass a state licensing test for health and life insurance as well and that is what people have problems with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Extend Health in July 2012.

1st and only question, " Tell me about yourself!" yup thats it. if you pass the background screening and the state test you are HIRED

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Extend Health in April 2011.

they will hire any bum or idiot off the street as long as the do not have a record. they take at least 50 in one room tell everyone they have the job as long as they can pass the insurance test. They could care less if you can even navigate a computer which is 100% of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Extend Health in August 2009.

A recruiter called and scheduled an interview with me. I went and completed the one on one interview which was standard. Job was offered on the spot. The workspace was clean and professional. The people were all nice. After working there for a while, they cut a few benefits that they had offered and tried to make it sound like they had never offered them.

No negotiation.