Extended Stay America

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

1.8

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Extended Stay America.

The interview process was short and sweet. They needed to hire a front desk position ASAP. I wasn't asked a lot of questions. I explained my background and work history. The manager told me about the position and how much the pay was. I wish it was hired but I needed a job asap.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions just why I wanted to work for ESA   Answer Question

Night Audit/Laundry, Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Extended Stay America in August 2014.

I applied online and within 2 days i received a call back for an interview. I went to the interview and it was very informal. The hiring manager seemed as though she was looking for security more than a Laundry person. She let me know if i got the job, that I would receive a job offer. Later on that night i received the job offer, i accepted and my background check took about 2 days. After that i started.The process took less than a week. No drug test at this location.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe you can deal with pushy or rude customers?   Answer Question
    NO negotiation

Front Desk GSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Extended Stay America.

apply online, one on one and then wait forever for background check and they really didnt know what they were doing....they make an offer, you accept, then they do the background check. what happens if you accept and dont pass?

none

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Extended Stay America.

I applied for the job and received a call back for an interview in roughly a week. The manager was very cordial and told me the hours that were being hired for and asked my availability. The company seemed to be doing well.

Very simple. I was looking for a part-time job with a decent salary and got it.

Night Guest Laundry Attendant Interview

Was interviewed by a Gm and Team Lead, it was straight forward. Asked about previous job experience, gave scenarios and allowed me to pretty much explain how I dealt with different situations. Was hired on the spot and introduced to the boss of the GM.

Interview Questions
    • What if a guest says there dog cage is broken and it wasn't like that before housekeeping entered the room?   View Answer
    Didn't discuss pay.

Night Laundry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Hiring process was fast and easy. You sit in a room he goes over everything. Job is self explainitory. You work overnights in a fast paced environment. Training is followed after but if your too good they leave you alone after a week...so milk it lol

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. It's more if you can handle a physical job during overnight hours. It can be pretty tough   Answer Question
    He said its 9.50 and that's with shift differential

Hotel Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Extended Stay America.

Its who you know not what you know. Only males & Non white males are promoted and the salary is higher for the men. The hiring process was better 5 years ago than now. Now its legal forms & affirmative action, not the work ethic, knowledge or the personality.

Interview Questions
    I was promoted from a desk spot. No neg.

Night Auditor Interview

filled out app, ran a back ground check, had an interview, was hired

Interview Questions
    • questions on personal background and marriage   View Answer
    fine

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Extended Stay America in September 2013.

I was recruited to work by the team lead when i was working in fast food. she told me to come to the hotel and fill out an application. I had an interview with the team lead and then the general manager the same day, and would be hired pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • If a pre-booked guest wanted a nonsmoking room but the only availability was smoking, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Hotel Manager Interview

The interview process was typical. I submitted a resume online and received an invitation to interview. The manager who initially interviewed me was pleased, and invited me for a second interview. After the second interview I completed a background check, and was offered the position upon receipt of results.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions during my interview.   View Answer