Extended Stay America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk GSR Interview

Front Desk GSR
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview Details – apply online, one on one and then wait forever for background check and they really didnt know what they were doing....they make an offer, you accept, then they do the background check. what happens if you accept and dont pass?

Negotiation Details – none

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and received a call back for an interview in roughly a week. The manager was very cordial and told me the hours that were being hired for and asked my availability. The company seemed to be doing well.

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I was looking for a part-time job with a decent salary and got it.

Night Guest Laundry Attendant Interview

Night Guest Laundry Attendant

Interviewed at Extended Stay America

Interview Details – Was interviewed by a Gm and Team Lead, it was straight forward. Asked about previous job experience, gave scenarios and allowed me to pretty much explain how I dealt with different situations. Was hired on the spot and introduced to the boss of the GM.

Interview Question – What if a guest says there dog cage is broken and it wasn't like that before housekeeping entered the room?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't discuss pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Night Laundry Interview

Night Laundry
Warwick, RI

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fast and easy. You sit in a room he goes over everything. Job is self explainitory. You work overnights in a fast paced environment. Training is followed after but if your too good they leave you alone after a week...so milk it lol

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question. It's more if you can handle a physical job during overnight hours. It can be pretty tough   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He said its 9.50 and that's with shift differential

Hotel Manager Interview

Hotel Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview Details – Its who you know not what you know. Only males & Non white males are promoted and the salary is higher for the men. The hiring process was better 5 years ago than now. Now its legal forms & affirmative action, not the work ethic, knowledge or the personality.

Interview Question – Are you willing to be on call 24/7   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was promoted from a desk spot. No neg.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Extended Stay America in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited to work by the team lead when i was working in fast food. she told me to come to the hotel and fill out an application. I had an interview with the team lead and then the general manager the same day, and would be hired pending a background check.

Interview Question – If a pre-booked guest wanted a nonsmoking room but the only availability was smoking, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

Interviewed at Extended Stay America

Interview Details – filled out app, ran a back ground check, had an interview, was hired

Interview Question – questions on personal background and marriage   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fine

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Merriam, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Extended Stay America in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the job online and got the interview the same day. When I entered the lobby I immediately noticed the dirty lobby floor and had second thoughts. Why was the girl behind the counter just sitting there and not taking the 5 minutes to sweep the lobby? I was desperate to get a job and the manager seemed desperate to hire me. The manager offered me the job once the background check went through.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Tacoma, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Extended Stay America in April 2012.

Interview Details – Great, friendly interview, great friendly staff, everyone was easy to talk to and to get a long with. They are real people there and I felt very comforable.

Interview Question – Most questions were basic and easy as they were looking for real people that don't speak in weird codes.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Extended Stay America in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was simple laid back very welcoming, nice property, discussed what is expected from me, gave background on our company, discussed the jobs qualifications, but never discussed the pay rate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Extended Stay America

Worked for Extended Stay America? Contribute to the Community!