Extendicare Health Services

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Extendicare Health Services

Registered Nurse Interview

Hiring was done on a demand basis, and not on candidate qualifications.They felt they needed a warm body to fill a position-not a qualified person who can speak English and know the customs of the job and community. They gloss over important areas like education, skills, personal qualities, is this person trustworthy, can this person show integrity and grace and be able to stay away from their I-Pad phone and be dedicated to the patients instead of degenerates who throw out medications like candy on Halloween and sit at the desk and talk of their social lives while the patients wait for
    service. Expect long wait times before any word is handed down about employment, and don't expect wage negotiation.

No negotiation phase.

CNA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Extendicare Health Services in April 2014.

Applied to the job on a Sunday night and got a call the next afternoon about the job position. Scheduled an interview within the next couple days. Interview was with the DON and went by smoothly. They gave me a drug test the same day and let me know that I received the position.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, however look out for the pay differences between part and full time. Choose part time if you have medical insurance from elsewhere, because part time offers more money.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Extendicare Health Services.

Interviewed originally for an application developer position. Went through a phone interview first and then 5 on-site interviews with a total of 15 different individuals. Final interview was with the IT director at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical for the position, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiated other than salary

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Extendicare Health Services in January 2013.

During the first phone call (with the DON) salary was established. The interview went well; most questions dealt with specific experiences I'd had at my previous job. I was asked how I would deal with certain scenarios (mostly patient prioritization), whether working over time on occasion would be a problem, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult; most of them were typical of nursing skills   Answer Question
    They had a set salary related to years of experience

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Extendicare Health Services in January 2012.

In person with clinical review over phone, also interviewed briefly by recruiter, submitted resume to company website, found job through careerbuilders.com

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer
    there was no negotiation phase

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Extendicare Health Services in June 2008.

I found the job online at Monster.com. I had one interview, broken into 3 parts. I met with the HR generalist, then the department supervisor and finally the department manager. Each individual was very courteous and professional. I immediately liked those to whom I had the opportunity to meet that day and thought this would be my place of employment until I retired.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my hobbies and interests. I did not feel that this questions added any validity to my professional qualifications.   Answer Question
    I was offered an hourly rate, but was able to negotiate my salary.