Extendicare Health Services

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Extendicare Health Services in January 2013.

Interview Details – During the first phone call (with the DON) salary was established. The interview went well; most questions dealt with specific experiences I'd had at my previous job. I was asked how I would deal with certain scenarios (mostly patient prioritization), whether working over time on occasion would be a problem, etc.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything particularly difficult; most of them were typical of nursing skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary related to years of experience

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Extendicare Health Services.

Interview Details – Interviewed originally for an application developer position. Went through a phone interview first and then 5 on-site interviews with a total of 15 different individuals. Final interview was with the IT director at the time.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical for the position, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiated other than salary

Educator Interview

Educator
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Extendicare Health Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – In person with clinical review over phone, also interviewed briefly by recruiter, submitted resume to company website, found job through careerbuilders.com

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Extendicare Health Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – I found the job online at Monster.com. I had one interview, broken into 3 parts. I met with the HR generalist, then the department supervisor and finally the department manager. Each individual was very courteous and professional. I immediately liked those to whom I had the opportunity to meet that day and thought this would be my place of employment until I retired.

Interview Question – I was asked about my hobbies and interests. I did not feel that this questions added any validity to my professional qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered an hourly rate, but was able to negotiate my salary.

Worked for Extendicare Health Services? Contribute to the Community!