Extentia Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 14, 2014
5 interviews

2.0

Junior Software Professiona Interview

Very Good. Only two rounds were happened. One Technical and another was HR round. Once all rounds were completed, immediately offer was given to me and asked about my preferred joining date

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Extentia in May 2012.

Pathetic, disorganized, worst interview experience ever:
    After 5 rounds of interview over 3 days, no response…

Day 1: Went to main office in KP.
    Interview round 1: Someone lower than the job level I was being interviewed for came in and just did some chit chat for 1 hour. I’m guessing the actual interviewer didn’t have time so delegated to someone.

Interview round 2: Peer level manager interviewed for 1 hour. The position was general Project Manager and he started asking me to draw IT architecture. When I told him that I would get the Solution Architect to do the design and I would do the planning and management of the project so I don’t really need to know how to design or code, he was offended. Looks like there was a confusion if the position was a “Technical Project Manager” who’s expected to do part time coding and design or if it was PMO type “Project Manager” which I was actually called in for.

Interview round 3: With the Vice president, made me wait for 3 hours over lunch time and HR didn’t have the courtesy to show me where I can get food. They didn’t even tell me the wait was going to be 3 hrs. Every 30 mins, I would check with HR and she would say please wait here for 30 more mins so I couldn’t even leave.
    After the 3 hours wait, interview lasted 20 mins and the lady just asked me generic ‘walk me through your resume’ type questions.

Day 2: After 3 days, went to the same office.

Interview round 4: With another Vice President! After the 1 hour wait, interview lasted 20 mins and same generic ‘walk me through your resume’ type questions.

Interview round 5: With another Vice President (Pshew!!). Waited 1 hour, didn’t show up. So HR asked me to come later.

Day 3: After 2 week was called into a different office.

Interview round 6: Only 30 mins wait. Yeh! A senior mgt guy came in and asked same generic HR type questions.

After 3 weeks of me following up with HR via phone and email, so response.. Finally HR picked the call and said, you are waitlisted (!?!?), they are trying to see which project will suit me and she will get back once a decision is made.

It’s been year, no response.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Extentia in October 2011.

Got an email response same day from their HR people, which showed they were eager to hire. She also called the next day with initial questions. Interview scheduled for 3 days later.

Was met on time by a 'peer' level techie and we had an animated discussion on mobile application development. Seemed less an interview! He brought two others and we discussed problem solving. This became a 'skills test'

1 week later I was asked to come back, and meet their tech head. This was actually an even more detailed discussion of technologies and applying them. HR people met me after that. 4 days later I got a call about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you switch from MS technologies to Open Source after 5 years?   Answer Question
    They had some flexibility on the offer as they needed the role filled. Several projects needed my kind of skills.

Business Development/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Extentia in December 2010.

The first interview was supposed to be by phone, but since the network was very poor it has to be done by skype. Between the first call (by phone) and the next one by skype, I had to wait more than 1h though we told me that should be about 15 min.
    I had 2 interviews, one with 2 persons form the business team and another one from a manager.
    Both of them lasted about 1h.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Extentia in August 2010.

They continued to dilly dally on the telephonic interview, which they kept rescheduling for weeks. Finally they did manage to find an intelligent human (scapegoat) to interview me, and they scheduled the telephonic round at 1 pm, which the intelligent human could not keep up with and went on to reschedule at least 5 times during that day, and finally called me 5 hours after the scheduled time i.e. 6 pm. On the top of that he was not a bit apologetic for his behavior. This guy turned out to be a junior with only 2+ years of exp. in s/w development and I was supposed to be interview for the position of a Project Manager. The face to face was rather miserable/pathetic. Again, they chose to have a junior guy with over 3+ years of experience to act as the interviewer. He chose to ask me questions that were rather suited for a fresher wanting to be a developer. The most funky guy was this sales head/director or some guy with an attitude that was insurmountable to an extent and chose to flaunt the same all the way to the end of the conversation. I short, the process was painful and pathetic. They need a pro. to take care of their processes, they seem to be good on the top of it but deep down there, they are far away from being a professional lot.

Interview Questions
    • If you benchmark Ajax and XML, which one do you think will perform better ?   View Answer
    • Difference between Ajax and Jquery ?   View Answer

Funny lot. They chose to as questions that were more suited to a jr. developer. Were extremely confused wrt to the profile. They wanted a jr. developer who could code and not someone who can technically manage their teams/people and projects. All they wanted is a mix of a jr. developer + sr. developer + solutions architect, not a project manager who is good at time/effort estimations, clients/vendors management, change request management, closure and control management etc. Almost everybody in the company is a project manager, even guys with 2+ years of total experience claim to be project managers. Guys applying for Sr. Positions are interviewed by juniors with no experience whatsoever. I suggest everybody/anybody appearing for Sr. Position to run a background check on who's going to interview you and decline or escalate if they push a scapegoat to interview you.

Worked for Extentia? Contribute to the Community!