Exterran

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exterran.

First interview was a 20 min phone call, seemed to just want to make sure that what you said on your résumé was true. Second interview was a full day, interviewing with upper management in the manufacturing business including the VP of manufacturing and all the directors. Interviews were laid back but the questions were tough. Very behavioral based questions with a strong focus on the manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is a common problem in a manufacturing company and how would you address it?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. Salary is a standard for all entry engineers

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exterran in November 2014.

I interviewed for 45mins per session from 9am to 4:30pm , it was a rigorous interview. They interviewed me on Engineering basics, Quality control... I think may be because i had an experience of 3 years in fabrication and installation, The questions came more from my experience. Also a behavioral question came through as well.

Interview Questions
    • What technical skill have you acquired and how did you apply it to solve a problem andoing what was the difficulties and outcomes.   Answer Question
    None

Human Resources Programs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exterran in March 2014.

I applied for the position online and a recruiter contacted me the same day for additional information. I scheduled a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was asking about my specific experience. I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. Face to face was with a panel. I was told that the top 2 candidates will be invited back for lunch with the VP. I was invited back 2 weeks later. The lunch was very casual and I felt good about the process and was expecting an offer but I did not receive one. The recruiter did not reach out to tell me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • What questions would I ask my hiring manager on the 1st day of work?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exterran.

First they came to our university to recruit. From there there they called 2 of the approx 10 to come to Houston. After we arrived we were informed that there were 10 of us there from different colleges and only 5 would get a job. The next day they held six 45 min interviews which were pretty straight forward with the exception of one. One they decided to grill you and ask very difficult questions plus complex questions with no right answer.

Interview Questions
    • What is Freegasity, What is Gibbs free energy law consist of   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exterran in August 2012.

I was interviewed on the phone initially and asked about my background and how it can relate to the position in the company.
    Two days later was called for on site Interview with Engineering manager and two product managers. General question more of behavior question rather than the technical and finally my background experience with the previous company.

Got a call from the Manager two days later with the offer.

NO the package was standard and was not able to negotiate

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Exterran in May 2012.

I applied for this position online and received a call from a recruiter the same day. She was not an internal recruiter but she has been helpful. Within 2 days, I had an interview scheduled with 2 people. On my way to the interview, the recruiter called to tell me that there would be a change with who I was meeting. Once in the interview, the manager confused me with a temporary employee. We laughed it off and got to the actual interview. He was easy to talk to and it went well. After an hour, I met with another person for almost 30 minutes. It seemed I had what they were looking for and I left feeling good about the interview. Then the next day I was asked to be available to speak with someone in Brazil. This person asked for my birth date, hobbies and why I left my last position. Something went wrong here. I do not know what. The recruiter quickly submitted my resume for another position within the company. Strange experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work with people across globe?   View Answer

Staff Projects Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Exterran in August 2011.

The communication was always frequent and positive, before and after the interview, including the HR representatives and the hiring manager. The salary, benefits were explained in a very detailed way so there were minimum questions at the face to face interview. Got interview by one of the team members and the hiring manager, all questions were technical (planning), there was no behavioral questioning

Interview Questions
    • none, they were all technical related to my area of expertise   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the salary and benefits. I was able to negotiate an extra week of vacation (from 2 to 3)

Applications Engineer Intermediate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Exterran in October 2010.

Phone interview with HR personnel. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. 1:1 interview occurred approximately 30-40 days after phone interview. Phone interview occurred approximately 60 days after online application submission.

Interview Questions
    • Shown a pictorial process stream I was asked to explain what it meant.   View Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exterran in March 2009.

My advice is to be honest. Don't pretent to know everything. BE YOURSELF! My perception of the people at Exterran? The people at Exterran are family friendly, loyal and always willing to help a fellow employee. They want Exterran to be successful.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!!! It never hurts. I'm not just talking about money. Negotiate vacation days, moving expenses, anything that means something to you.