Exterran

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exterran.

First interview was a 20 min phone call, seemed to just want to make sure that what you said on your résumé was true. Second interview was a full day, interviewing with upper management in the manufacturing business including the VP of manufacturing and all the directors. Interviews were laid back but the questions were tough. Very behavioral based questions with a strong focus on the manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is a common problem in a manufacturing company and how would you address it?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. Salary is a standard for all entry engineers

HSE Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Exterran.

Multiple interviews with hiring department and HR and was told the company would be in touch regarding position (offer or no offer, etc.). No response either way was received. On multiple occasions interview scheduling was set based on the company’s availability with little regard to schedule of the person being interviewed.

Human Resources Programs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exterran in March 2014.

I applied for the position online and a recruiter contacted me the same day for additional information. I scheduled a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was asking about my specific experience. I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. Face to face was with a panel. I was told that the top 2 candidates will be invited back for lunch with the VP. I was invited back 2 weeks later. The lunch was very casual and I felt good about the process and was expecting an offer but I did not receive one. The recruiter did not reach out to tell me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • What questions would I ask my hiring manager on the 1st day of work?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exterran.

I had 2 phone interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exterran.

First they came to our university to recruit. From there there they called 2 of the approx 10 to come to Houston. After we arrived we were informed that there were 10 of us there from different colleges and only 5 would get a job. The next day they held six 45 min interviews which were pretty straight forward with the exception of one. One they decided to grill you and ask very difficult questions plus complex questions with no right answer.

Interview Questions
    • What is Freegasity, What is Gibbs free energy law consist of   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Standard, multiple interviews, phone screening

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exterran in September 2012.

STAR questions. Interviewed on campus at career fair...it was very informal. Three interviewers and it lasted only 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected..common STAR questions. Your greatest achievement, leadership, teamwork ..   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exterran in August 2012.

I was interviewed on the phone initially and asked about my background and how it can relate to the position in the company.
    Two days later was called for on site Interview with Engineering manager and two product managers. General question more of behavior question rather than the technical and finally my background experience with the previous company.

Got a call from the Manager two days later with the offer.

NO the package was standard and was not able to negotiate

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Exterran in August 2012.

This was a new start up facility for a group of approximently 120 employees, and had a large pool of welders depart as expectations were way to high for what they manufacture

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with having to do ways of the older facilities that were not compatible to our arena, and would often use phases such as tribel knowledge,   View Answer
    4 interviews, 5 weeks of personal travel expense for training prior to being hired.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Exterran in May 2012.

I applied for this position online and received a call from a recruiter the same day. She was not an internal recruiter but she has been helpful. Within 2 days, I had an interview scheduled with 2 people. On my way to the interview, the recruiter called to tell me that there would be a change with who I was meeting. Once in the interview, the manager confused me with a temporary employee. We laughed it off and got to the actual interview. He was easy to talk to and it went well. After an hour, I met with another person for almost 30 minutes. It seemed I had what they were looking for and I left feeling good about the interview. Then the next day I was asked to be available to speak with someone in Brazil. This person asked for my birth date, hobbies and why I left my last position. Something went wrong here. I do not know what. The recruiter quickly submitted my resume for another position within the company. Strange experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work with people across globe?   View Answer