Exterran

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Programs Analyst Interview

Human Resources Programs Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exterran in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and a recruiter contacted me the same day for additional information. I scheduled a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was asking about my specific experience. I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. Face to face was with a panel. I was told that the top 2 candidates will be invited back for lunch with the VP. I was invited back 2 weeks later. The lunch was very casual and I felt good about the process and was expecting an offer but I did not receive one. The recruiter did not reach out to tell me that I was not selected.

Interview Question – What questions would I ask my hiring manager on the 1st day of work?   Answer Question

Staff Projects Planner Interview

Staff Projects Planner
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exterran in August 2011.

Interview Details – The communication was always frequent and positive, before and after the interview, including the HR representatives and the hiring manager. The salary, benefits were explained in a very detailed way so there were minimum questions at the face to face interview. Got interview by one of the team members and the hiring manager, all questions were technical (planning), there was no behavioral questioning

Interview Question – none, they were all technical related to my area of expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on the salary and benefits. I was able to negotiate an extra week of vacation (from 2 to 3)

HSE Coordinator Interview

HSE Coordinator

I applied in-person and interviewed at Exterran.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with hiring department and HR and was told the company would be in touch regarding position (offer or no offer, etc.). No response either way was received. On multiple occasions interview scheduling was set based on the company’s availability with little regard to schedule of the person being interviewed.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exterran.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – What was your favorite subject in school   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exterran in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone initially and asked about my background and how it can relate to the position in the company.
Two days later was called for on site Interview with Engineering manager and two product managers. General question more of behavior question rather than the technical and finally my background experience with the previous company.

Got a call from the Manager two days later with the offer.

Negotiation Details – NO the package was standard and was not able to negotiate

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exterran.

Interview Details – First they came to our university to recruit. From there there they called 2 of the approx 10 to come to Houston. After we arrived we were informed that there were 10 of us there from different colleges and only 5 would get a job. The next day they held six 45 min interviews which were pretty straight forward with the exception of one. One they decided to grill you and ask very difficult questions plus complex questions with no right answer.

Interview Question – What is Freegasity, What is Gibbs free energy law consist of   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Exterran

Interview Details – Standard, multiple interviews, phone screening

Interview Question – Technical aspects of compression   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exterran in September 2012.

Interview Details – STAR questions. Interviewed on campus at career fair...it was very informal. Three interviewers and it lasted only 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected..common STAR questions. Your greatest achievement, leadership, teamwork ..   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Exterran in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online and received a call from a recruiter the same day. She was not an internal recruiter but she has been helpful. Within 2 days, I had an interview scheduled with 2 people. On my way to the interview, the recruiter called to tell me that there would be a change with who I was meeting. Once in the interview, the manager confused me with a temporary employee. We laughed it off and got to the actual interview. He was easy to talk to and it went well. After an hour, I met with another person for almost 30 minutes. It seemed I had what they were looking for and I left feeling good about the interview. Then the next day I was asked to be available to speak with someone in Brazil. This person asked for my birth date, hobbies and why I left my last position. Something went wrong here. I do not know what. The recruiter quickly submitted my resume for another position within the company. Strange experience.

Interview Question – Are you able to work with people across globe?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Intermediate Interview

Applications Engineer Intermediate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Exterran in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR personnel. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. 1:1 interview occurred approximately 30-40 days after phone interview. Phone interview occurred approximately 60 days after online application submission.

Interview Questions

• Shown a pictorial process stream I was asked to explain what it meant.   View Answer
  • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Worked for Exterran? Contribute to the Community!