Extra Space

Updated Nov 21, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Extra Space in June 2014.

I found the job posting on indeed.com. The hiring process was pretty straight forward and quick. At first I got an email detailing the skills and personality test I would need to take. About a week and a half after that, I got a call where they said they wanted to interview me. I interviewed with my eventual direct supervisor first - Typical questions such as: How does your experience relate to this job? What do you like to do outside of work? etc. Then, about a week later, I was called in for a second interview with my boss's boss. These were more broad questions related to the vision of the company, he allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted and was very honest in his answers. Overall a great experience. The whole process took about 5 weeks from first application to first day.

Interview Questions
    I'm sure I would have been able to negotiate, but I took the first offer because I truly thought it was fair. The offer wasn't presented as a hard line mandate or anything like that, i'm sure they would have been open if I had been more highly qualified.

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Extra Space in March 2012.

I submitted my resume through a friend. I was called by a member of the HR department and given a phone interview. I then was emailed links to 2 logic tests. About a week later I had an interview with the Corporate Controller and one of the other assistant controllers. The interview was pretty bland, there weren't any real difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight-forward and what you would expect.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Extra Space in August 2011.

Had several interviews that went very well and then absolutely no communication afterwards. They wouldn't return my calls or emails. Very poor communication.

Interview Questions
    • Can you show me your excel skills right now?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Extra Space in June 2011.

The hiring process is often long. You have to interview with several individuals and take assessments

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with the direction you were given by a supervisor or boss and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Extra Space in March 2010.

I had 3 sets of interviews with 5 different people. I know in many cases they do phone interviews and panel interviews as well, and technical interviews for most programming positions. The interview process is not threatening or unusually difficult. They are looking for a personality/culture fit as much as the right skillset.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was given an offer near the top of the posted range. But I feel like I could have if I needed to.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Extra Space in March 2009.

I interviewed with five people over the course of 2 hours. It felt like it was primarily for fit. I thought it was actually pretty pleasant, especially after having come off of a more test driven interview process. I met with 3 managers in the IT dept., 1 from marketing and 1 executive (VP Accounting).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you react in high pressure situations.   Answer Question