Extreme Learning Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Extreme Learning

Online Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Extreme Learning.

The interview setup was one interviewer and multiple job applicants doing the interview together at the same time. The interviewer first asks the applicants to introduce themselves and you each take turns answering. Introduce yourself, talk about whether you are a student or have graduated, and the most recent relevant jobs to tutoring. The first activity handed to us was to talk and introduce ourselves to the person next to us. We are then given a worksheet that has 3 questions and then proceed to ask these questions to the person next to us. You will then give a presentation to the group about one of the questions you have asked the other person. It is not so important how well the other person speaks of you, most likely they will not give such in depth presentation about your experience with tutoring etc, but is more important that you give a good presentation about the person you asked questions about. The idea is that if you are not paying attention to the person next to you or not interested, you will probably not be interested in kids who are much younger and are suppose to tutor. The interviewer will then ask more questions about tutoring students, how to handle students, your experience with tutoring students, and how this job can help you. Sometimes when they ask a question, they do not go around the room to each person for a response, people will answer freely. You can choose to answer some questions or not, answer first or last. Try to give a response to every question, not be the last person to answer, and try to be original for the response. Do not fall into the trap of repeating the answer of the person before you, think about the pitfalls of their response and answer with a better response. If you cannot give a good original answer, try to give examples of your own tutoring experiences to distinguish you. At the end of the interview they will give you a simple 2 page test on grammar and math. It is simple math such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication. The English portion consists of grammar such as usage of commas, periods, and spelling. It will also contain definitions such as adverb, pronoun, preposition etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think online tutoring matches up to traditional tutoring?   View Answer

Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan, UT

I applied through other source – interviewed at Extreme Learning in November 2011.

It was a group interview. The interviewer was a controlling jerk. In the middle of answering a question, he sliced his hand in front of his face in an obscene jesture so I wanted to slap him. Additionally, the touted online tutoring. It's ineffective and one sign of workplace bullying is ineffective techniques which sound great but when put in practice are complete failures. There was another interviiewee who tried to sound smart. When asked what he would do if he didn't speak a language of a parent he said he would guage his ability to understand them. It's simple find someone who speaks the language or have an interpreter hotline! Other employees seemed terrified which is what he wanted. I'm glad I didn;t get it particularly for what I'd be paid and the distance required. This interviewer should be reported to the police because all he is a vicious bully who only knows how to look good.

Online Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Extreme Learning in January 2011.

It was a group interview with two parts. The first part was a simple Q&A and involved interviewing candidates next to us. The second part was on paper and required solving math and word problems.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, it was a set hourly pay.

Avanza Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Extreme Learning.

Submitted an online application, was emailed for an interview, scheduled it and came to the office building. It was a group interview of 5 people and were asked about computer usage skills, how to get students interested in learning, how to interact with kids over the internet, just different methods of how you would approach a student. Then we were given paper with questions to ask each other, write down their answers and explain them back to the person whose interviewing; I guess to test your listening skills. You also take a short quiz testing your English and math skills.

Interview Questions
    • Stating your answer to a question without looking as if you copied someone else answer since it's a group interview.   Answer Question