Extreme Networks

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

Network Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Extreme Networks in October 2014.

Met the hiring manager at a career fair on campus and gave him my resume. A couple of days later, he emailed me requesting a phone interview. It was mostly technical but also behavioral. He immediately set up a second on site interview which turned out to be more of a tour because no questions were ever asked. The next day, I recieved an offer. It seems like a really great company to work for and I am looking forward to the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me the process you would use if you came home and you were unable to connect to the Internet.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate the pay. It was very competitive and it is my first networking job so I was very happy with the offer.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Extreme Networks.

I was screened by a recruiter than did a phone interview with the sales manager. Talked to the account exec on the phone. Then had dinner with the AE. Next was a web based presentation for the sales manager. Followed by dinner with the manager. After three weeks of silence I was informed that the position had been offered to someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question but I was asked to do a presentation on a topic of my choosing.   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

I connected with Human Resources about 1 week after applying through the companies career center at my University. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes with who would soon become my manager. After a successful phone interview, I was asked to come in for a formal interview with 3-4 managers/project managers/colleagues I'd be working with. Although I was not qualified for the position, they saw me as a valuable employee for another internship opportunity.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Extreme Networks in June 2013.

Was contacted by the HR after I applied for the job 1 month later. I think because I live locally, so they want to schedule a on-site interview with me directly.

I interviewed with 3 people separately all from Finance/accounting department, each took 30 to 45 mins. Questions are fairly simple behaviors and questions of my expectation about the job and career path(I'm not a Accounting major grad).

Was rejected later due to sponsorship issue.

Lab Services Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Extreme Networks.

Initially met at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview, then an on site technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a network topology and had me set it up in the lab.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Extreme Networks in January 2012.

Phone interview with Recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager, relevant other managers and Director of IT.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project where you encountered issues with completing the tasks or getting others to complete the tasks. Explain what you did.   View Answer
    Good negotiation, met my requested salary and stock grant.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Extreme Networks in June 2011.

Too many interviews and too much time once interviews are completed until you know if they are interested. Try's to behave like large company.

By the questions they ask during the interview, you can gather alot of what they do well and where they struggle so you can make a decision if this is right for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical interview questions. Some related to how you would handle situational issues.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Extreme Networks in January 2011.

Hiring process takes a while. Generally will take a few weeks to get through the interview and hiring process. Interviews are generally looking for experience and team fit. Will you play well with others?

Pretty standard.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Extreme Networks in June 2009.

Very informative, and profesional. had 4 interviews

Interview Questions
    • comment on a difficult customer bad experience.   View Answer
    No negociation available

Finance OM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Extreme Networks in February 2009.

Initial response to Interview process is favorable although hired as a temp for first 15 to 18 months. Shortage of personnel led to permanent offer. Interviews were candid, positive and comfortable. Once hired, the offer was a bit less than desirable but acceptable considering benefits that make a huge difference.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you been working for the past several months?   View Answer
    Very short - having no benefits and the need for permanent employment, one tends not to squabble. I knew that I could work hard to earn more later.