Exxon Mobil

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Question – What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Interview Question – Just your stereotypical interview questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting (submitted resume and cover letter on Exxon's campus recruiting site in advance; invited to interview with alumnus on campus). About two months later, I received an email that I had not made it to the next stage (phone interview). Typical behavioral interview. I think that the interview thought I would be a good fit for a certain division; when I expressed interest in the others, I sealed my fate.

Interview Question – The most difficult part for me was repeated questions that touched on the same areas (problem-solving), etc., since I needed more anecdotes.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2011.

Interview Details – Gave them resume at university information session; they sent an email back asking for an on-campus interview within the week. Had to make a profile online and submit resume again, as well as transcript. Interview was 1 on 1 and almost entirely behavioral, the rest being specifics about the research experience on resume. Was told at the end of interview that notification would be through email; received generic rejection in about 10 days.

Interview Question – Can you elaborate on a situation where you were in a group and fell short of your goals or had difficulties succeeding?   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2010.

Interview Details – The on-campus recruiters pre-screened resumes and set up one on one interviews. My interviewer was very nice and friendly. The questions were pretty standard. Why engineering? Why exxon? We went through my resume and detailed each item. Then she asked behavioral questions. The hardest was probably to describe a situation when someone working under me had refused to cooperate.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when a team member or subordinate refused to cooperate with you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, the offer sounded great. I attended an information session with several employees who talked about their jobs. When I got to the interview, it seemed like my interviewer had completely burned out. She had no motivation, answered my questions about the company with very generic and formulaic answers, and I really learned nothing.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience working with other people.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees and interview candidates.