Exxon Mobil

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Geoscience Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2011.

Interview Details – I lobbied my university heavily to be selected for the interview. I have read on here that the interview consist mostly of competency based questions. When I met with the Exxon geologist who did the interview I found out that the entire selection process is based on your ability to show what research you have done so far and your progress toward your graduate degree.
This man has been the main recruiter for Exxon US for almost 8 years and 60% of the geoscientists in the company were hired by him. He was very nice and informative but unless you are very bright and accomplished you don't stand much of a chance.
Approximately 10% of those interviewed are considered for a summer internship. Of those interns 60% are offered positions.
Good Luck!

Interview Question – Explain your research and give me a brief description of how you have moved your research has moved forward in the past 12 months.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil Geoscience Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees and interview candidates.