Exxon Mobil

37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Attorney Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview took a full day; interviewed with 8 different attorneys; went to lunch with 2--was an opportunity for me to ask questions that would not be shared with those making the hiring decision

Interview Question – Why wasn't your class rank better than it was? (I thought this was a rude question, under the circumstances)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was well above my minimums on all accounts; didn't negotiate

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one on university campus, one phone interview and then one on-site interview at Houston. The entire process took 4 months from first round interview to the third round on-site interview. Received an offer 2 days after my final round interview.

Interview Question – No question were particularly difficult, they were all behavior type questions. Most of which were geared towards how to work in a team environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, didn't need to, offer and benefits were better than other companies.

Project Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in March 2011.

Interview Details – They came to the career fair at my university. I got selected to go to the first round of interviews. They look for experience, and ask questions how past experience or past situations and how you dealt with it. There were three different people interviewing during the interview. They would all ask questions.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cataloging Assistant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – There was no interview. Kelly Services found me on CareerBuilder and hired me.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I got hired for a cheap $12 an hour... they worked me like crazy and eventually I moved up to $15.

Network Analyst Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – interviewed as contractor, so it might be different for full time employees, one round.

Interview Question – Nothing, if you know your stuff its a straight forward interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Geophysicist Interview

Geophysicist
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – AAPG meeting in Houston. Poster presentation and some recruiters came to mine. Then, I got selected for face to face interview the next day. During the interview, the recruiter asked technical questions about my research project and 3-4 behavioral questions: 1) most difficult situation; example,2) challenging situation; example, 3) any issues with coworkers; example.

Interview Question – challenging situation and example   Answer Question

GREF Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview with Exxon Mobil. It was only thirty minutes long and there were no technical questions. most of the questions focused on decision making or were behavioral questions. We did not spend much time discussing the position its self but focused more on Exxon Mobil

Interview Question – tell me about your accomplishments   Answer Question

MBA - Global Marketing Internship Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met the Exxon recruiters at a career fair and info session. They reviewed my resume and asked me to interview the next day. The interview was behavior based and was very results oriented. If I did not explicitly state, "the results of my actions were...", then the interviewer would ask "what was the result".

Interview Question – There were surprisingly a lot of questions related to coursework and classes (i.e. favorite class, most valuable course experience, proudest achievement in college). I found it odd that the answers were limited to specifically class examples and not also work experiences.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Planner and Scheduler Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Only had 3 years experienced. Pretty simple. Basic questions involving planning and scheduling principles, how you used them, EVM, programs you used, etc. I was interviewed by phone first, then invited for face to face. They both had several members that works in the department that interviewed me, along with HR person.

Interview Question – Which software is better? Microsoft Project or Primavera?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At the time i was interviewed, i was also interviewed by competitor. I felt as i didnt "fit" in as well as i did with their competitor. Benefits, pay, etc. were excellent though the competitor was just about the same..they both had cons/pro's.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees and interview candidates.