Exxon Mobil

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was my first interview for an internship so I was not entirely sure what to expect. The interviewer was very professional - no deviation from the script. "The first question is... The second question is..." No real interaction/conversation between the two of us. Strictly questions and answers. All of the questions were behavioral, but I didn't have any experience at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you demonstrated yourself as a leader in a culturally diverse environment? Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between you and a coworker?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Question – none, it was an on campus interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed to take a class during the summer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Question – what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process was relatively simple. I applied online through my university's career services website and ExxonMobil's website. Took about 3 weeks to hear back to be invited to an interview. The actual interview was more formal than other interviews and consisted of mainly behavioral questions. It took about 1 week to receive a follow-up letter from them letting me know that I would not proceed to the second interview round.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair and invited to interview the next day.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions and why I was interested in ExxonMobil and Houston   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil Intern interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees and interview candidates.