Exxon Mobil

240 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Extremely generic interview process. Every interview was a pure behavioral interview with standard questions like "tell me about a time...".

Very unstructured. Interviewers were not prepared.

Interview Question – They were all standard behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a college hire, there was no negotiation. No signing bonuses.

Very Easy Interview

Planner and Scheduler Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Only had 3 years experienced. Pretty simple. Basic questions involving planning and scheduling principles, how you used them, EVM, programs you used, etc. I was interviewed by phone first, then invited for face to face. They both had several members that works in the department that interviewed me, along with HR person.

Interview Question – Which software is better? Microsoft Project or Primavera?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At the time i was interviewed, i was also interviewed by competitor. I felt as i didnt "fit" in as well as i did with their competitor. Benefits, pay, etc. were excellent though the competitor was just about the same..they both had cons/pro's.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Interview Question – Just your stereotypical interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in July 2009.

Interview Details – Technical question and soft skill questions; know your resume well and be able to explain things at a higher level

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Excellent process

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Applied online through college's career services website and was given an interview before the annual career fair.

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions, 'tell about a time you...' and lasted over an hour. The representative I met with was very professional and a little stuffy, but some of the others seemed to be joking around with their interviewees. Exxon went through many interviews. In the hour-long timeslot there were around 5 interviews being held simultaneously in different rooms, and spread that across 5 days of interviewing.

Most of the questions they asked had to deal with my previous work on projects, so I would recommend having something to talk about on that end. As I applied just entering my sophomore year, I really only had a simple freshman design project to talk about, so I think somebody who has had previous internship/project experience would do well.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when didn't have the capital necessary to complete a project. How did you react and what did you do to work around it?   Answer Question

Refinery Intern Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is quite difficult. First they want to make sure you know how to explain previous experience clearly and concisely.Secondly they as many personality questions. And thirdly they make sure you are fit to their employees by asking you personal questions.

Interview Question – Explain what is the most difficult project you had to finish at your previous job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – It was behavioral interview at college. basic common questions that you would encounter. but didn't get the position tho.

Interview Question – one tech question. about how to troubleshoot a process.   Answer Question

Lubricants Marketing and Supply Chain Management (Procurement) Interview

Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview. Information session was arranged before the interview dates, where students could learn more about the company and meet the interviewer. The interview was pretty detailed, behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What was your most and least favorite class throughout the college career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details – Predominantly recruit through university relations. Preliminary campus interviews lead to second round interviews, usually on the phone. On-line applications are accepted, but didn't seem to be very common. Applicants to other ExxonMobil affiliates (EM Chemicals, Downstream, etc.) can be considered as well

Interview Question – First round interview is mostly behavioral with some open-ended technical questions. Answers should emphasize individual accomplishments.
Second round is more personal, understanding if you would mesh well with the company.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, it would be very presumptuous to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil