Exxon Mobil

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university. Submitted my resume and transcript and got an interview. Pretty straight forward. Half questions from resume the other half were behavior interview questions.

Interview Question – All basic behavioral interview questions, none where difficult   Answer Question

Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very personal. The interviewer appeared to like me, and we shared many things in common. When I asked the interviewer how he's enjoyed his time since joining the company, he appeared very defensive, citing public works and various projects the company does for the community. The interviewer was also quite serious; though he did not appear cold, he was not inclined to humor in the least.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were working in a team where you suggested something that got everyone excited.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you've encountered great difficulty and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details – Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees and interview candidates.