ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Baton Rouge, LA

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.4

Assistant Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Apprenticeship program. Applied online sometime late 2014 and scheduled a testing date. Took the test in January or early February with at least 100-200 people and a couple weeks after received an email to set up interview date.
    Interview was 2 parts, each with 2 interviewers in the room. Diverse group of interviewers. There were many interviews going on, & it made me feel like I was auditioning for a tv show or something. The interviewers were kind and surprisingly down to earth, I was very nervous but they made me reasonably comfortable.
    The first part was mainly "about me" questions: job history, education, and how have I've handled situations in the past. Second part was situational questions with many different scenarios. "How would you handle..." etc type questions.

The entire process has been the longest I have waited to start a new job, but well worth it. Still waiting to start at the end of July. Very thankful!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about school? What is your least favorite thing?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions

• During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

PhD Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Only one interview was there, with their HR. They didnt ask any technical questions at all. It went smoothly, and at the end they were very positive about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Prove that you are a team player, and at the same time can solve problems on my own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through school, landed an interview. interview was 1 on 1. The interview asks for times that you did certain things, or were in certain positions. Look at common behavioral analysis questions online. Think about specific instances and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell a time when you did not have the resources to complete a project. what did you do   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

Mechanical Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went to the information session and met who I'd be interviewing. He first confirmed basic information, then asked behavioral questions, and then asked my work and location preferences.

Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

It seemed to me that they were looking for a candidate who could handle change. I had at least four questions about handleing change, all of them just worded differently. They had also the traditional behavioral questions. Anyways I didn't get past the first interview but I wasnt so stoked about being paid a lot of money to be in a career that didn't interest me much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me About a time where u had to handle change.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2010.

Interview

Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None since only internship

Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very basic interview was asked a lot of behavioral questions. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and acted as if she wanted me to do well during the interview. All in all, the small talk conversation we had before the interview helped out a lot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a big descision and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intership so didn't really negotiate. I did tell her I was interested in working downstream which is where I got my internship offer.