ExxonMobil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pricing Interview

Pricing
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – The process is quite intense. You are sent a testing link prior to interviewing. If you do not pass the initial test, you do not go any further in the process. The first interview is with Human Resources and a representative with the department for which you applied. If granted a second interview you will interview with your potential direct supervisor.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was about accountability. If you make a mistake are you accountable enough to recognize the mistake and correct the mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the initial offer. No negotiations needed.

NONE Interview

NONE
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1 Interview in 2010 for Baytown, TX site. Questions had a lot to do with Tell me about a time when......I recommend making a list of your own questions and practice answering fast, because you will me sweating bullets so know what comes out of your mouth before it does.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did something unsafe.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

Interview Details – First applied through campus career fair. They would like to hire students with high GPA and at the same time with social activities and leadership skills. On the career fair day, there was a small conversation between me and one of the hiring group. He invited me to a 1:1 interview next day. The interview was behavioral type. The interviewer makes you feel very comfortable. 3-4 days later I got an email saying that my CV was recommended to the main system. 2 weeks later, I got the phone interview and invited to an on-site interview. The whole interview process was very well organized and pleasant!!! On site interview consisted of many 1:1 interviews and an hour long presentation (for a PhD candidate).

Interview Question – Describe a situation that you run out of resources? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Baytown, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired from an on-campus job fair. The interview included a lot of hypothetical "what would you do" type questions. I was given a brief overview of the company and asked whether or not I would rather work in Upstream or Downstream. Even though I said I would rather work in Upstream they were clearly only recruiting for Downstream. If you are looking for a specific position you should VERY EXPLICITLY state it.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were the on a team and your group members were not contributing. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with problems that seem like there are no solutions at first?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not choose to negotiate.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!